No solar farm in our bit of England (Stanford on Soar and Normanton on Soar)

Zanny

#1 Eric Pickles

2014-06-18 05:31

Followers I have contacted Eric Pickles who is a government campaigner against solar farms on green belt land. Let's see what comes of this, looking at his track record he has done great things.

2014-06-18 10:21

They should install it somewhere it won't affect the community, not really aesthetically pleasing on the edge of the village, I agree they have a place, but put them on land that's not so visible, but still close to a suitable utility infrastructure.

2014-06-18 12:10

This proposal offers nothing to the local community and is quite simply TOO BIG!

2014-06-18 13:25

I am a big proponent for solar and the benefits that can be achieved with this type of sustainable energy. However I do not view this project in the proposed location sympathetic with the surrounding countryside.

2014-06-18 18:57

Renewable energy in my view is a worthy cause, however to take perfectly good arable land with stunning views of Stanford hills is criminal,especially when there are many brownfield sites. The statement that Northfield had printed in the Loughborough Echo, that there would be 'little visual impact' is just not true. 10 foot deer fencing and concrete posts with 50,000 solar panels, no one will be fooled to believe there is little visual impact.
Jo D

#6 Horses

2014-06-18 22:46

There are 40 horses kept at livery at whitworths farm in the fields opposite the proposed development. We would have to move our horses and I suspect the other horse owners would do the same, as the solar farm will be noisy and the glinting panels will frighten the animals. The whitworths will be in danger of losing their business and people like us will lose our enjoyment of the bridle paths and countryside where we currently ride and keep our horses.

2014-06-19 13:31

This is not a brown field site

2014-06-19 13:33

This is not a brown field site
Is the reflection from the panels not going to be distraction for flights using east midland airport

2014-06-19 15:24

Not against solar farms in principle, however, how on earth can this proposal be considered to be 'minimal visual impact'? Its on a hill and no amount of screening will hide this from view driving through the area and when looking out of my bedroom window! The scale is of real concern.

2014-06-19 15:31

This proposal is totally at odds with the landscape and will be of real detriment to the area. We've paid a premium to live in such a stunning rural area and all that it provides. This will be totally compromised and should not be allowed. No amount of screening will hide such a large-scale monstrosity from the view of my house or when driving locally. Protect rural England!

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-06-19 21:27

2014-06-20 21:52

This is an attempted cynical exploitation of our rural English countryside for petty personal gain.

2014-06-22 06:21

The developers say that the panels will be hidden from view, however some properties will directly overlook the development, located on a hill, which no amount of screening can hide.

2014-06-22 06:25

I endorse renewable energy, but not putting solar panels in a rural location with an impact for residents, some of whom will see the panels from their houses, which is not acceptable.

2014-06-24 20:44

An eyesore on a beautiful piece of countryside being railroaded through with the absolute minimum consultation with local residents. Big business (UK) in action, a really poor show.

2014-06-27 15:15

While I am in favour of low carbon green energy, this location is totally inappropriate, and appears to be selected purely because of the financial gain for the land owner and convenience of installation and connection. Loss of large amounts of valuable arable land in rural locations will drive up food costs, and impact wildlife which hunts for food on the land. The location is prominent in the local landscape, and with the high proportion of cyclists, equestrians and walkers using the local roads and other rights of way, will impact a wide range of users in the locality, while spoiling the existing view points afforded by the bridleway across the proposal site.

#17 poor consultation

2014-06-30 18:49

Totally agree with so many comments already posted. The consultation was VERY poor - the graphics weren't representative and the content was geared around solar power rather than the actual plans/scale/location. Not at all representative of the actual impact (visual or otherwise). Also agree about the varied uses of the area, from cyclists to walkers etc, as we have many visitors to the local countryside. Viewpoints for the visitors and the locals will be sadly spoiled.
mellors

2014-07-02 05:54

As someone who earns my living working outdoors on neighbouring farmland I am appalled with the suggestion of taking quality land to put what would be an eyesore on the landscape . Working in the countryside is hard enough with the encroachment of towns and housing developments without having 10ft high fences round 140acres of prime farmland covered in 10ft high solar panels . The company tried hard to hoodwink locals with a poor presentation and inadequate information map's that weren't showing the full area .

2014-07-02 23:08

Personally, I'm not in support of renewable energy as we stand at the moment. It simply amounts to subsidy farming and ruining the environment for little return in terms of energy generated.

2014-07-09 09:56

From a public meeting held on 8 July at Normanton on Soar it is clear that national planning guidelines appear to have been ignored when choosing the site for this development.

2014-07-21 08:48

please rethink the ramifications and effects of the solar panels. Perhaps there is an alternative, to achieve your goals.

2014-07-23 16:05

This is prime agricultural land, the solar farm will have a massive visual impact on the whole of the Soar Valley

2014-07-26 19:55

no solar farm at Normanton -stamford

2014-07-27 09:57

Solar energy - YES - the ruination of the British countryside to achieve it -NO! Please ignore the comments from Northfield Solar Energy as they emanate from personal gain to the company & land owners NOT REPEAT NOT for the benefit of the local communities inflicted with this eyesore.

2014-07-27 15:01

no solar farm in Normanton and Stanford