Reinstate Coach Fader

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Reinstate Coach Fader.

2014-07-04 17:10

This man has been an outstanding coach, mentor and role model for thousands of young men over the years. He has kept many of these students in school through positive leadership.

2014-07-04 17:25

My son is where he is now because of the support and mentoring that Coach Fader brings to the university. COACH FADER is the reason my son chose UWW!

2014-07-04 17:40

You don't mess with FAMILY! We are behind Coach Fader 110%!

2014-07-04 17:48

I have had the honor of knowing Coach Fader for over 20 years. My family and I have hosted Tim and the warhawk wrestling team at our home in Colorado for the past 3 summers while UWW put on a wrestling camp at my high school. As a member of the UWW Wrestling team from 1988-92, and having served as a coach myself, I will say that it has been a privilege to watch Coach Fader work with our student athletes. I have had the pleasure of sitting mat side with the uww team and have personally observed Coach Fader's positive impact on the warhawk squad. I have the utmost respect for Tim and will say without hesitation that I feel he is one of the greatest coaches in the country.

Rich Straub
UWW class of 1992
School Guidance Counselor
Arvada West High School
2014 5A Colorado High School Wrestling State Champions

2014-07-04 18:42

I don't know what's going on in this situation but what I can state here is there is no better individual to trust your son with than Coach Fader. I cannot overstate the positive influence he has had and continues to have on my son.
Dale Johnson
Mrs. Tracey Fader

2014-07-04 21:46

I have never been more prouder of my husband than I have when UWW asked him to either resign or be fired. Tim has never done anything wrong at any coaching position he has ever held. His ethics and morals have always been his greatest feature! In the fall, UWW might have a new coach, but this new coach will be handed an incredible talented team that he and Chris Heilman built. I can't stress enough how proud I am that my children have him as an example to live their lives!

2014-07-04 22:17

I have known Coach Fader for 6 years! He coached my son, Cedric Gibson Jr to become a 2x All American! This is truly hard to believe! I truly believe you have made a big mistake! This should be fixed IMMEDIATELY!!

2014-07-05 02:37

Having been a participant in one of your competing schools, I follow the sport and conference. Whitewater has made an incredible turnaround since Tim Fader has joined that program. I know the kind of energy he brings to a program and to a campus. It would be truly unfortunate for the University of Whitewater to lose such a positive influence.

Jon Bergerson

2014-07-05 04:22

a great role model should not be punished for doing the right thing..

2014-07-05 14:39

when It comes to success and family coach fader is the one that will keep this team together and help reach the goals that should be reached...As a school if you truly do support our team and want to help us out as student athletes, you would know that this decision that you made has been a complete mistake and you should fix that ASAP

2014-07-05 16:38

I can't think of a bigger mistake for the Whitewater Wrestling program - Tim is a an asset to the University and the Wrestling community at large. The administrators have been short-sighted and wrong.

2014-07-05 18:00

#familystaystogether

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2014-07-05 18:48

2014-07-05 20:11

Works very well with youth groups including our own Elkhorn Club team.

2014-07-05 21:10

What a travesty? UWW had a highly respected wrestling coach who is admired by many, his dismissal is a huge loss for UWW, UWW wrestlers and parents as well as the entire wrestling community. I hope they reconsider their decision and reinstate Coach Fader immediately.

2014-07-05 22:07

Tim Fader is an excellent role model and UW-Whitewater is lucky to have him.

#17 Bryan Brunk

2014-07-06 00:58

Very few coaches that I have as much respect for as Coach Fader. Tim's been a great example to me as I've watched and asked questions learning how to coach. Great man, great Coach that deserves to continue leading this program!

#18 Coach Fader

2014-07-06 02:54

I have known Tim Fader since his UW-LaCrosse days. My son wrestled for Tim and I have the greatest respect for Tim. He takes these young, for the most part immature kids and helps guide them to becoming young men. He teaches self discipline and life lessons that will not only help them in their future careers but also their married lives. Many of they wrestlers go on to become coaches and they in turn use the knowledge that they have acquired from Tim to be a role model in the youth that they coach.

I totally believe in Tim Fader and can honestly say that he had a big role into changing my son, Nick into the awesome single father, teacher, and coach that he is today. I feel richer in my own life having to known the whole Fader family. Family is very important to Tim and that is one of the traits that I truly value in Tim. I stand behind Coach Fader and hope that UWW keeps the awesome Coach Fader.

Proud to sign my nam,

Judy Patenaude

2014-07-06 13:56

A sad day for UWW and the wrestling athletes! How can UWW allow such a good man of integrity and moral ethics walk away?
My family and I have nothing but the utmost respect for Coach Tim Fader. My son, Adam, had several colleges to choose from but after meeting Coach Fader, his choice was clear. Adam chose Fader to be his mentor for very good reason and Tim exceeded all expectations.
Fader not only works long hours in the wrestling room to prepare and support these young athletes for competition, but he also takes a personal interest in everyone of them to help make them strong, young men with conviction and good ethical moral character so that they will be successful in today's world. He takes an honest interest in their wrestling careers but first and foremost always made sure their studies were up to par.
Tim took my son, Adam, under his wing and helped him through some very tough times. Tim went above and beyond the calling of his coaching role to help build Adam up and to help get him back on track, for that I am forever grateful! I know Adam will never forget that Tim stood behind him and helped him to reach so many of his goals and gave him strong building blocks to use for the future.
Tim is a leader and a positive role model to all his wrestlers as well as all wrestlers in the wrestling community. The UWW wrestling program will not be the same without him and his family who were always there supporting Tim's team.
I pray the the people of UWW will seriously rethink this terrible unwarranted decision and reinstate Coach Fader immediately so he can get to work helping the new, incoming team.

Backing Coach Tim Fader 150%
MaryGrace Sellers

2014-07-07 00:22

Coach fader is not only an amazing wrestling coach but an amazing person as well. I have known outside of the wrestling mats and he deserves nothing more than to keep his position.

2014-07-08 01:18

Reinstate Coach Fader!!!

2014-07-08 07:13

Tim was a great source of encouragement to me when I started my college coaching career. I have a great deal of respect for the man.

2014-07-11 21:15

He was a great mentor and coach for my son. Please reconsider

2014-07-12 01:20

Our son is starting school there in the fall and Coach Fader was one of the reasons he chose Whitewater, over other schools he was considering wrestling for! He was looking forward to wrestling under Coach Faders direction. He felt Coach Fader was the one to take him to the next level. Hopefully Coach Heilmann will still be involved with the program after this, but Coach Fader needs to be reinstated! Together, they have made the team what it is! Out of all the schools we talked to, they made us feel like this school/team was the right fit for our son and we were feeling very comfortable and excited about his decision to attend Whitewater because of these coaches!

#25 Re:

2014-07-12 03:13

#24: -

Welcome to UWW...the guys on this team are a great group of guys and hopefully your son will still enjoy his time.  My son is in his 3rd year and chose UWW for all the same reasons.  He had several options and chose UWW because of Fader and his coaching staff.  It is a shame this is happening!