Petition against MSMC for same sex freshmen housing

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Petition against MSMC for same sex freshmen housing.

2014-07-16 02:49

Honestly when i heard about this rule i got so frustrated because i have friends of the same sex and opposite sex that want to come and visit me in college. Telling us about these new rules during orientation was terrible and i would have definitely considered different colleges other then Mount Saint Mary. I feel like as freshmen we are not experiencing the true college life at all. We will not be interacting with other people like we could have before these rules were made up.

2014-07-16 05:22

confirm

2014-07-16 17:57

At this point 194 people have signed this petition. If 194 students decided to go to a different college, MSMC would lose over 8,000,000. I seriously hope they realize how devastating a decision like this could be from
a business perspective

2014-07-16 20:22

Rediculous is all i have to say

2014-07-19 19:22

The new dorm regulations are unfair. How is it fair that people of the gay and lesbian community be able to have their significant others up in their rooms because they are the same sex, yet heterosexual people cant bring their significant others or friends of a different sex up passed the lobby/front desk. I am trying to be an advocate for equality. I think it is fine having a male and female dorm I just think the rule of not allowing someone from the opposite sex come see your room is over the top controlling. I learned, while in the Mount culture part of orientation, that every student has a voice if that is true why is this regulation still going to be enacted since majority of students disagree with the college's decision?

2014-07-21 00:54

As a parent, I am very concerned that the college I had planned to send my son to has changed the rules and regulations without gathering input from the families that this policy will impact. To me this a breach of contract, as I have made a financial deposit based on different rules and regulations. As a result, I have been discussing possible legal action with a variety of parents. We all agree that we chose Mount Saint Mary College because it appeared to be an ethical college, that would uphold its agreements with its students and their families. Here is a missed opportunity to develop moral behavior. Instead, the leadership is creating a Draconian environment. What would work better is education. And isn't that the goal of the college? To education the next generation on how to build better relationships and a better world? I hope this petition is being taken seriously by the leadership of the school. If we do not receive a response that the dorm visitation policy at a minimum has been changed, we will have to consider our best legal next steps.

2014-07-22 11:59

I absolutely agree with the comment above. Legal actions may be necessary. I have already informed the school a week or so back that a petition was formed and sent the link to the president of the school. Have not heard a word, not sure if they are taken this seriously. Please contact the school regarding this issue. You could look up the president of MSMC on line. She started July 14th, looks like she will have her hands full! Please don't sit quietly. This affects every freshmen and needs group effort. Also, please include me in any legal actions. Notify the author of the petition for that info.
Thomas

#33 Disgraceful policy

2014-07-22 15:17

My son is entering his senior year of high school and was strongly considering MSMC. However with this policy in place he totally removed it from the list of colleges we'll be visiting. At least four of his friends did the same exact thing. This decision really makes the board at MSMC look more incompetent than usual. It's pretty mind-blowing that no one stopped to consider that a) implementing this so close to move-in is just a terribly inconsiderate thing to do to the students. What a clear message that you don't care about them. And b) how did no one realize what a deleterious effect this would have on interest in the school and enrollment. There is no way these board members are this stupid, and if they are, it's time to replace them. It isn't 1950 folks, time to modernize your antiquated views on sex and gender.
david

#34 Re:

2016-10-21 11:51

#32: -  

Fantastic site, lot of informative stuff are here.Thanks for sharing.

Dressilyme Coupon

Dian

#35 Nice Article

2016-11-01 08:41

The information you have to say this is a very a lot of benefits Cara Menghilangkan Sariawan Pada Vagina yang Terasa Gatal Obat Herbal Sakit Pada ulu Hati Many important points that I get from articles that you have to say Obat Gatal Pada Kemaluan Pria dan Wanita

2016-11-22 02:39

fksfjsbfjsakfawjlfbsafafh

Pixel gun 3d

#37 Wonderful website

2016-11-22 17:42

Very good website for pixel gun 3d game hack and cheats. It has hack for the pixel gun 3d game, and it is delivered for free to its users, pixelgun 3d hack means now Pixel gun 3d game user can get access to unlimited coins and gems used in this game