Darkness Falls the Crusade

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Darkness Falls the Crusade.

2014-07-17 16:06

Please bring this game back! It is my childhood!

#2 Steve

2014-07-17 16:20

I will happily pay for a subscription for as long as the game is open (provided it is a cost within reason). It's been a decade since we paid for the last one and we're still clamoring to pay for the new one - I feel it is reasonable to extrapolate a similar commitment from everyone involved.

2014-07-17 19:20

Turn it back on or allow someone to host it.

2014-07-18 00:50

Please make it happen!

2014-07-18 11:08

You guys should really re-release this game. It is a classic and would make a lot of loyal fans including myself extremely happy.

2014-07-18 13:14

I would gladly pay for a subscription to this game again. However, for it to truly make profit, there will need to be advertisement done in already existing text based communities and beyond to pull in fresh players. There would also need to be someone willing to work on programming and balance. As an example, I think stat rolling shouldn't be random (rolling stats ate up literally months worth of online time for the player base). Stats should be base line same starting value but different spreads for each race/class and then have benchmark levels in which you got to choose where to spend additional stat points. This is one idea of many that the community has that would need to be discussed and potentially implemented to make the game last.

2014-07-18 15:48

Only way for this game to make any sense would to make it a very low monthly subscription...that or FTP with NON gamebreaking purchases with $. By that I mean, changing the name of your equipment, maybe a name change, maybe a gender change, Scrolls for shield spells that don't go beyond lvl 3 for people that are on late night and don't have someone to get buffs to invade another realm or are hunting in a hard to get area and run out of spells in the middle of a hunt. Don't get me wrong, but for this game to succeed and bring in numbers, I think needs to be free like most big muds today, it has the game-play to attract a HUGE number of people from muds if it were free to play with like a said a non-gamebreaking merchant for money to atleast pay for server costs and then some once you get a higher base of players.

Market it as the revival of the beginning of Dark Ages of Camelot that you still have up and running, and which I still understand is a division under EA brand. Have them run it or include in a package deal with monthly subscription to DAoC. That way people see it as having access to two great games instead of one.

2014-07-18 23:16

I think the best way for this game to thrive, is for it to be FTP...now, EA could just allow us to HOST it ourselves, we could cover hosting, maintenance and everything that goes along with having this game online, and hell we can even have a website for the game PLASTERED with EA logos/publicity and welcome screen thanking them for giving back to the community of gamers that saw a game they loved come back after so along. ITS Positive word of mouth publicity stun for them...it won't cost them anything, whoever runs it, won't make any money off of it, signing of course all contracts and agreements, and donations will go towards HOSTING and hiring maybe a programmer to fix bugs and furthering content....

2014-07-18 23:19

Making it free to play will INCREASE exponentially the solid community DFC already had...just look at the number of high end mud games that exist, atleast into the thousands...which if done correctly can be a great publicity stun for EA. Not to mention those games have absolutely NOTHING on DF franchise. The RvRvR pvp aspect of the game + a GUI makes it probably one of the best mud games to exisit, on top of the non-enforced RP, but can still be used and implied.

2014-07-22 15:36

While I like the free to play option that usually involves buy up's for in game stuff. And I could see buy up's for things like runes on armor, renaming items and armor, maybe binding items other than guild drops. While all of these are great the issue is they are all labor intensive. I played the game and also played as a guide for a bit as well and you would be flooded with appeals to update gear or for gear that wasn't updated correctly. If you were to say make an item non drop on death or rename an object for 1 person you have to edit the individual object on that person. It would be a nightmare to keep up with it. I would rather just pay the monthly subscription to save the support/programmers time to work on balance issues.

2014-08-11 02:31

Some great memories of this game. Still is, to this day, my most loved game of all time (And I'm a huge gamer).

2014-08-24 02:57

This game is WAY better then ANY MMO out there!!!

2014-09-03 00:09

please bring it baaack
Dan

2014-09-14 14:04

I look about every 6 months since it closed down to see if there's an emulator or if they reopened it. I've even bugged the devs on twitter and through email to release what they can but no response lol. If I had 1 wish tho, and unlimited hookers weren't an option, I'd bring back DF and DFC <3

Rick

2014-10-04 07:06

I had a dream I was playing a reopened DFC on my old character somehow...  wow...  I miss dfc!

2014-10-10 14:35

I would be a lifelong member.

2014-11-08 16:23

Darith here....i really would like you to bring back dfc

#18 com'on man

2014-11-30 21:32

It had an awesome online community. the guilds were race based which doesn't exist in any game. Online play we spectacular and will be the only game that can get your heart pumping from adrenaline or because you just got drained/backstabbed out of know where. Realm defence to protect those precious idols. Com'on man BRING IT BACK. The advertising would come from all of us old DF/DFC players recruiting from the games we now play. 

Atleast release it to someone who wants to try and keep it going. i would easily pay $10 a month to play this game. It had everything from grinding exp/loot runs to get your seer's eyes. (from a rotating realm called kaid that went to all 3 realms. Group hunts in extreme places to for exp/loot. 

Easily the best game ever. I feel everyones pain who misses this game.

blake

2014-12-03 07:08

Myself and several of my friends from years ago would love to play this game again. I search for it every year or so to see if anyone has found a way to bring it back.

Nii

#20 I miss Ye so

2015-01-16 20:36

Shall it ever retun???

Trolly

2015-02-19 07:10

I'm still thinking about this game 10 years later. Funny since I don't even play games anymore, but once in a while I search the Internet thinking maybe it's back up and running. I'd pay for a subscription for sure. Solid player base and people were super friendly. I played as Trolly in Chaos. Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back!

Gorto

2015-02-20 06:48

Please bring it back

#23 Niien.....

2015-03-07 17:47

I would like it to come back as well.
Clay

2015-03-20 18:39

Awesome game.

I miss my imps.. Tracker. Trackerx. Trackerz and Exvortis.

My wolf lord, my bone lord and my lvl 45 chaos ogre mage.

Great days great days.

I wish I had a dwarf Pally with super strong armor/shiel and the elemental summon pets.

2015-03-25 03:03

I loved Darkness Falls it was a big part of my life, and it would be great to see it back up and running again. There is no other game like it.