KEEP THE WOODBRIDGE VILLAGE CENTER, IRVINE!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition KEEP THE WOODBRIDGE VILLAGE CENTER, IRVINE!.

2014-10-09 19:13

Irvine has been the model for healthy living community projects both residential and commercial through out the country. Don't throw it away with high density "Ant Hills" e.g. Spectrum,Park Place.
Woodbrige is unique and a little bit of heaven on earth. Please leave it alone
BJS

#202 No Development at Woodbridge Center - *Keep the Theatre!

2014-10-10 04:21

This is the only movie theatre we go to on a regular basis, as well as the only book store we go to period.  What happens to the theatre if the center goes away?  We are overbuilding.  The apartment trend has become an epidemic that will be looked back on as a failure in just a few years.  There will be many future vacancies.  The city will also fall off of the safest city list if they continue in this direction.  Schools will also suffer, and be downgraded.  Condo's have a huge add on fee in Woodbridge, but they will pack them in real tight if that is the direction TIC chooses.

2014-10-10 18:34

My family and I are 28 year residents of Irvine and have enjoyed the Woodbridge Village Center for just as long. Instead of tearing it down, give it a face lift by adding venues like Trader Joes, a sports bar and grill, new shops, additional eateries and so on. Those are just a few suggestions. And the Dollar Theater is embraced by many, young and older. We're extremely happy to have such a theatre so close to home and watch a movie for $3. I especially don't want that to go. The bookstore and Champaign's are equally enjoyed and desired by many. This center is a wonderful location and a pleasure to patronize.

2014-10-13 16:55

Please keep Woodbridge Village Center in Irvine.
If there is a need of updating Woodbridge Center, please keep One dollar theater and other stores.
Woodbridge Center is a hart of Irvine. Let's keep it fun for these and future generations!
Please, do not build apartments, condos or townhomes there.

#205 own the land

2014-10-17 20:14

Irvine Company owns the land and have no one to stop them but the economy.

you could trip over all the apartments and crap they think is pretty and its not

but their way of thinking is to be one of the most expensive cities just like New York

we will be living on top of each other and because the property will be prime a studio 

will go for 5k a month just like New York now..sorry but its coming,....discouraging indeed.

2014-10-18 23:50

Please stop trampling over Irvine!

2014-10-19 21:07

Woodbridge Village Center is the closest thing to a downtown that Irvine has. I am very disappointed Waters Restaurant was demolished and that so many other nice retail shops and restaurants were chased away by the landlord. We don't need more apartments in Irvine.

2014-10-22 04:37

Irvine does not need anymore apartments. Stop with the over building and greed. You have turned my hometown into a place I hardly recognize. 

2014-10-22 06:27

Revitalize the aging center, attract and advertise don't tear down. Irvine has become a high density city, don't allow it to lose more of its charm

2014-10-22 12:55

Love the center and would hate to see something so ugly as apartments in the space.So many other areas that can be built on and wasn't a gazillion apartments just built on Michelson between Harvard and Von Karman?

2014-10-22 20:55

Try to get Trader Joes in there, I would go more often!!! More restaurants, too

Please do NOT build condos, we need more retail and restaurants and leave the movie theater. I love the sense of community having a shopping center brings.

2014-10-22 22:58

This is a terrible idea! Woodbridge Village Center is a place that I can take my kids to lunch at Ruby's and out for a movie, buy books, play in the sand....please don't take this from us!

2014-10-23 03:55

If Irvine is looking for revenue, the city should give the shopping center a remodel and put in a Whole Foods or health food store in the shopping center... It would Not benefit the people of Irvine to tear it down and create a denser population in that area. Irvine is already outgrowing itself and is becoming overcrowded and obscenely expensive... This center is the one place where struggling families can actually take the whole family to the theater to see a movie together... Please don't take that experience away from us...

2014-10-23 22:31

Stop the development, our city is being ruined.

2014-10-24 00:37

My husband and I lived very close to Woodbridge and just lived that little shopping complex. Unique shoppes, great location etc. IAC back off

2014-10-27 03:26

It's my family little hangout place. I hope it stays. I will miss kumon, barns and noble and core power yoga and the art class. We spend 5 hours a week here!

2014-10-27 03:41

WE DON'T NEED MORE APARTMENTS AND CROWD IN IRVINE

2014-10-31 02:42

NO APARTMENTS!!!! WE ARE CROWDING HERE

2014-10-31 03:05

I think there are too many apartment homes and hotels! Why not redo or rebuild the Tustin Legacy District. It should have resembled the Irvine Spectrum. Lots of the stores have gone. Why not redo the old buildings or older buildings that look outdated. It needs retouching. Build more educational buildings or schools too.

2014-11-01 19:58

I really enjoy the Woodbridge center movie theater and other stores it's a great place to go on the weekends with family and kids.

2014-11-02 01:10

Don't tear down the wood bridge village center

2014-11-02 17:35

This blatant disregard for the communities needs has got to stop!! My property values have even dropped due to the less desireabillity of the area due to over crowding, increased crime, more traffic accidents and lack of local entertainment. We have to go to Tustin to get a good restaurant and a movie! Greed and selfish agendas are evident.

2014-11-02 17:47

The best part of Woodbridge is the charm and character in the homes, parks, and the Woodbridge Village Center, which supports a warm, community and family-oriented feel that is rarely found in Irvine. Ruby's, Barnes and Noble, the movie theater, Champagne's, and corepower yoga are all popular establishments. Trader Joe's would be great in the grocery location where Assi Market was.

2014-11-05 23:38

I have lived in irvine my whole entire 25 years of life. The last nine years, irvine has continue to build more and more homes. Residential homes are everywhere. Please slow down the residential homes. We do not need a huge rush of people into this city. It is already highly congested.
Putting up anymore homes in the woodbridge area would be a huge mistake. Please don't tear down and leave this last charming part of irvine sacred.

2014-11-22 22:37

Add more restaurants...something...whatever it takes. We don't need more housing, and not another park. I love the parks here...but we don't need more.