Refurbish Ringwoods Regal

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Refurbish Ringwoods Regal.

2014-10-12 15:08

I went to school in Ringwood, I have moved away, but my parents, Bill and Jeen Wilkinson have retaired to Ringwood after running business in the area all their working life, I am down to see them every 2wks, and often park near the old Regal, for the banks, and have always said this should be brought back to life.

2014-10-12 18:56

This has got to make a difference its just a waste of a great venue for Ringwood.

2014-10-13 05:53

Ringwood needs a cinema / theatre in the town cente

2014-10-15 07:10

Have only lived in Ringwood for 3 years but agree that to reopen the Regal would be a great asset for Ringwood.

2014-10-15 17:08

We need to save our small town Cinema's as they are so community based.
Bring back Sat morning Childrens films, Teen time, and Late night horror films.
Community based meetings ect.

2014-10-17 18:31

We would prefer to see a lovely old building restored rather than a new building building costing millions that would not be in keeping with the historic town of Ringwood.

2014-10-18 10:40

I was brought up in Ringwood and loved the old cinema. Then it changed into a venue for dancing and live music. So sorry when it was then turned into a shopping arcade.

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2014-10-20 13:36

Ziggy

#34 4.5 million!

2014-10-23 20:27

Where is the sense in spending 4.5 million on building a new centre and still have an eye sore in the town centre? What happens then? Knock it down and build flats?

Raise the money and spend it on our existing building that stands in the heart of the town!

2014-10-24 19:48

It would make an increditable arts centre, a much needed facility for the town and what a wonderful venue it would make for all manner of events.

2014-10-25 10:41

Ringwood is a lovely town and deserves for the cinema to be lovingly restored it was a special place for us when growing up and the youngsters of today need that special place to go even more in todays difficult world

2014-10-25 17:05

It's time this building or the space it occupies is used for the good of the people of Ringwood and forget about wasting money on a building at the Greyfriars which is too far away from the car parking that would be necessary. It would be far better to have 'an Arts Centre in the centre of town not squeezed in behind the library.

2014-11-12 11:09

Although the other side of the world and living in a young country, where somethings have already been demolished, I think there is a great need to preserve more than ever our rich past. I spent my teenage years in Ringwood from 1959 and it was such a great place to live and still is (apart from the lack of sunshine). I live north of Brisbane in Queensland OZ. I will contact a few others I know about out here and get them to sign in Cheers Alan J

2014-11-28 14:24

A good idea,i hope itdoes some good.

2014-12-13 18:31

we need a cinema theater
we must have in ringwood more attractions ,young people and older people sit locked up in homes.watching TV or computer.it would be nice if he were in the cinema club discussion.interesting juxtaposition of different opinions, cultures and beliefs. Thank you :)

2015-02-25 08:32

Being, Burley born & bred. I use to go to the cinema a lot when young, also as a theatre. Later when it was a discotheque. Ringwood, has been missing out for decades. My only observation is, I thought the owners were London based!

2015-04-20 02:47

A new arts centre in Ringwood would be an excellent addition to a very needy town. It has been blighted recently due to the economic climate but this facility would draw people back into the centre of this wonderful market town.

2015-04-21 09:34

I would like a theatre cinema in Ringwood similar to the one which is in Wimborne and Christchurch. I think it would be good for locals for all ages.

2015-05-10 10:28

It's such a shame that one of Ringwood's most striking buildings, in such a key location, is sat unused and unloved. I really believe it should be put to use for something- whether as an entertainment venue or something else it should not be left boarded up and empty.

2015-06-04 08:23

The marketplace is an eyesore - I assume the building is owned by an out-of-town investor who has no interest in Ringwood. The council should repossess it and put it to proper use.

2015-06-07 11:43

Its an eyesore and tailor made to be an entertainment hubb and we don't need any more retirement flats, the town is becoming too unbalanced in favour of the retired.

2015-06-07 13:02

I live in Ringwood and don't want to see it ruined

2015-06-08 09:50

Would be great for a market town like Ringwood to have The Regal back, jobs, culture, business will all gain.

It is also an eye sore which is just not good enough for such a central spot it says we are run down, rather than a thriving community!

2015-06-08 10:47

Having being brought up in Ringwood (Poulner) and with my parents still living there, I still consider it home. Buildings such as the old cinema/theatre in historic market towns such as Ringwood are what gives these places character, charm, culture and tangible historic context. They should be valued by the powers that be as a place that can install a sense of community and pride with the residents of Ringwood and surrounding areas. Think about it....

2015-06-09 05:50

I signed this petition because I live in Ringwood and I think Ringwood deserves to save this building for an entertainment venue and arts centre - there is other expansion going on with building of flats, development of well worthy site - this interesting building needs to be restored and put to use for the community.