Gadle Braes Bonfire 2014

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Gadle Braes Bonfire 2014.

2014-10-29 19:30

Good luck hope it goes ahead :-)

#2 Re:

2014-10-29 20:08

#1: -  

Thank you, I'm just trying to help out a good cause

2014-10-29 21:28

Keep up the tradition xx

2014-10-29 21:51

How are our kids ever going to enjoy the things we did as kids if the authorities keep banning everything, let us have some fun at this hassle free well organised event!

2014-10-29 23:34

Brings the community together

2014-10-29 23:44

I have 2 children who love going to the gadle brae's bondfire, the guys who do this do a great job and in thier own time for the whole of peterhead!! We can't take away the fun for our children and family's, this is the only safe bondfire around and if this is taken away then what do our children and the people of our town do then!! Please don't take this night away from the kids!!

2014-10-30 07:37

My sister lives up in Peterhead, if it's trouble free why should the residents lose out! Everyone deserves a bonfire night!!

2014-10-30 07:38

Also you asking for trouble not letting it go ahead because then anyone could just start illegal bonfires to have one!

2014-10-30 08:20

The bonfire brings everyone together in this town and is a great avent and the boys work extremly hard to pull of a amazing bonfire for everyone and make it as safe as they possibly can for the members of the public. If this was taking away would be a big disappointment to a lot of people around here. Hopefully this advent can still take place every year.

2014-10-30 10:34

This bonfire is & has been a big part of the community 4 many of years with no trouble & all guidlines followed dont take this fun nite away from our kids who enjoy every minute of the nite

2014-10-30 11:13

We need to keep our traditions, and that is one of them.

2014-10-30 12:05

I have taken my 9 year old daughter to the Gadle Braes Bonfire since she was very little it is a tradition for us to go to it every year and i no that both of us will b disappointed it doesnt go ahead

2014-10-30 12:08

I see no cause for concern over this great traditional site for a community bonfire that has been trouble free and accident free over the decades.
It is one of Peterheads highlights of the year and most of the community of the town and surrounding area come to see this great event.

In other areas like Stonehaven and Burghead their fire events are well supported by the local area and are featured on TV although they are not bonfires they have a greater chance of risk than the Bonfire in Peterhead so why can we not continue with this great event.
I am a past president of the Business Association of Peterhead and I am sure if it still existed it would have their support also.
Keep up the good fight!!

2014-10-30 12:17

Even though I am not from peterhead. I have gone to the bonfire every year since I have lived here. And enjoyed it thoroughly. It is a great way for the community to come together and a very enjoyable night. I have been looking forward to it for a while this year as It was going to be the first year of taking my daughter to see the bonfire and fireworks. The town I am originally from (southampton) didn't do anything like this and think it is a great thing for a community to come together for. The work people put into it is great and it is something different for everyone to do rather than people trying to do it themselves in their back gardens or in fields which would put them in more danger. At least an organised one is safer for everyone and as people have stated before there have been no incidents in the past so why shut it down?

2014-10-30 14:50

Myself and my young daughter loved going to last years Gadle Braes Bonfire Night. It was great fun, Safe and well organised :) It is a really popular event and as another commenter has already mentioned, if taken away, where are our kids to go on Bonfire Night each year?? They all enjoy it very much. Peterhead town has lost enough in the past without removing this event too!!! PLEASE SUPPORT THE EVENT TO GO AHEAD!

2014-10-30 19:57

I've been going to the Gadle Braes bondies since I was a young quinie, and still come through every year with my children so they can also enjoy the happy memories I had even tho I don't stay in peterhead anymore I've never missed bondie night would be such a shame if this was cancelled 

2014-10-30 21:27

We need a bonfire in peterhead especially to take the kids down to see it. Been the best and biggest bonfire in peterhead for as long as I can remember

2014-10-30 22:53

Bloo toon spirit abody workin tigither x

2014-10-31 07:37

The decision by the council at this late stage to suddenly ban the bonfire is ill judged, I can appreciate the need for Health & Safety measures to be in place, but to try and negate all the hard work done so far is disgraceful.