Home for Christmas

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Home for Christmas.

2014-11-02 21:32

Please help this family this is a breach of their human rights ...they need somewhere safe !!! Im absolutely disgusted that they have to live this way

2014-11-02 21:58

I think it disgusting that the council want help them last hope they home for Xmas x
Nanny toogood

2014-11-02 22:00

Nannytoogood  

2014-11-02 22:43

Everyone should have a home if they came from another country they would be given one

2014-11-02 22:49

In this day and age, every one should have a home to live in - council get this sorted and let them have something decent and warm to live in. How would you like it if you had a child that had to live in these conditions.

2014-11-02 23:27

This family needs a secure home for a single mother of 2 children. No one should live like this with only just Christmas around the corner and a unwell child. Please give this family a home.

2014-11-03 00:35

Please help this family. The little boy is awaiting a transplant and is very ill. His living conditions are seriously damaging his health and he will need a warm dry secure home to recover after his surgery. His health and future depend on it. I believe there are empty houses boarded up in Offaly. Please open just one for this family.

2014-11-03 07:57

It a disgrace in this day and age that Ireland has come to this not looking after their own especially a very sick child

2014-11-03 10:13

Signd the petition the government and council are rediculous not a care in the world!! I hope you have a home real soon in time for Christmas <3

2014-11-03 10:37

Wish ye the best of luck with it.

2014-11-03 15:38

Hope they have a home for christmas xx

2014-11-03 17:56

This woman has a very sick child and is in urgent need of been housed, she has a right as she is Irish born and reared. This is shocking that she should not be housed by the council
Jackie j

2014-11-03 18:13

Please give this family a home, not just for Christmas,  for there futures

2014-11-03 19:12

Let's get them a home

2014-11-03 20:50

she as rights under the european law to be herd and her son his sick

2014-11-04 10:25

Hi everyone im off to seek legal advice today something has to be done 

Kelly Branco
The author of this petition

2014-11-05 14:59

Every name makes a difference <3

2014-11-05 19:04

Signed this Petition and also emailed the council telling them how disappointed I am e.t.c
Disgusted

2014-11-07 00:00

Not the only family that needs a home. She should get a job, and support the children she brought into the world. It's not the taxpayers responsibility. There are a lot of people in the same boat. 

#20 helen lynch

2014-11-07 09:08

Hi to answer d last comment if I woz working I wouldn b asking for help I look after my son who needs 24 hour care I work whos gonna look after my kids incase u didn read dis page right im lookin for support from d council in a town were iv lived all my life and its d only time iv ever done dis I brought my kids into dis world and il die making sure der happy safe and secure every 1 deserves a home 

2014-11-07 19:04

This family needs a home two young boys and one of them very sick they need stability it is a horrible situation they are in especially with xmas so close and for the youngest child charlie to right a letter to santa asking for a home please give this little boy his wish..every mother wants security and stability for there children and not so much stress and worry i really hope they get a home for xmas

#22 Re:

2014-11-08 04:41

#19: Disgusted -  

This girl has a sick child who needs constant care.How the hell do you expect her to work. Who would take care of her little lad. He cant just be put in a creche.  Helen couldnt look after him on her own and work. She has had very little support from anyone and the authorities in the last 6 years.

#23 Re: Re:

2014-11-10 14:50

#22: - Re:  

I have two small kids too, I have to work very very hard to keep a roof over their heads, and pay my taxes to help fund people who think just because they shout the loudest, they're more entitled to things. There is currently a 10-12 year waiting list for people to recieve a house. You can't expect to have kids then rely on others to support them. You'd wonder why the child's father isn't stepping up to help either. 

helen lynch

2014-11-11 12:37

D farther fucked off yrs ago and iv brought d kids up on my own since my youngest son woz born so dat answers dat question for u and as for working it illegal to work wen ur a career id work if I could and iv never asked for help of anyone until now so b4 any1 else leaves a comment unless u no my story dont judge me ask ur questions and il answer dem but plz dont judge or leave nasty comments

2014-11-11 13:20

Helen, my comments were never meant to be nasty. You are the lady who's broadcasting her business across social media, and of course people are going to wonder how you ended up in this situation with no home for your children. For what it's worth, i really do hope that your son is ok and is given the oppertunity to get better and lead a full and healthy life like any little boy his age should. It's just frustrating to the rest of us, that you seem to be demanding a home from the council when there's thousands of people in the exact same boat. It's a free house, it's not going to be able to be given out straight off the bat. I know carers don't get a lot in benefits but the rest of us who have to go out, leave our kids with strangers and getting fleeced every single way we turn, income tax property tax USC, having 42% of our wage taken from us if we earn over a certain amount, trying to keep a roof over our own heads and then people with your attitude, "I'm entitled to it". Everyone is entitled to a home, somewhere to feel safe, but as parents that's our job to provide, it's not Offaly county councils to provide on a whim. They simply don't have it. There's people on that list 10 years, before your kids were even born who are still waiting. 

Would a hostel not be a better solution than your van, even short term? It's less than ideal but maybe a house on rent allowance will come up while you're waiting, at least it would be warm,