Home for Christmas

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Home for Christmas.

Aoibheann

#26 Re: Re:

2014-11-11 13:29

#22: - Re:  

I see you called yourself disgusted on this petition.  You should be disgusted by your comment. Ever hear the saying if you have nothing nice to say........

#27 Re: Re: Re:

2014-11-11 14:08

#26: Aoibheann - Re: Re:  

Hi Aoibheann, 

thanks for the reply, however, you're giving me advice about not saying something if I can't say something nice, but you've done the exact opposite of that. Hypocrisy much?

#28 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2014-11-11 14:29

#27: - Re: Re: Re:  

hi sounds to me that you are upset becouse you hafto work.to keep a roof over your kids head havent you got a man to do that for you.and stop picking on poor defenceless people.i hope you get a home soon helen.love lilly

2014-11-11 14:31

Im asking people for support not broad casting my business and council houses arent free ppl pay rent iv asked my local council to help d homeless dats der job im not demanding anything all I want is a shell wit a set of keys so I can keep my child health under control before his transplant which he is going for in d next few weeks and wont b let out of hospital unless he has suitable accommodation so if dats wot u call demanding fair enough and I urge anyone in my situation to do d same its a childs life at risk if it woz just me den I would. B doing dis . Il keep fighting d council no matter eot ppl think and if u would like to no my story or have any questions den go to facebook and look at my page u will see for ur self d hostel isn suitable for my son and iv been told by crumlin hospital not to go so u tell me wot I should do 

Aoibheann

#30 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2014-11-11 15:03

#27: - Re: Re: Re:  

Not giving advice at all. Just don't see why you would bother commenting anything negative on a post like this. I work and pay taxes too and I wouldn't dream of disheartening anyone like Helen and the situation she's in just because she doesn't. It's not her fault the government are putting up taxes and making us pay all these extra taxes.  Just don't see what you would get out of making her feel worse by labeling her and the fact she's using social media asking for help as disgusting. You never know what's around the corner or what situation any of us could find ourselves in. 

Rachel

#31 Re:

2014-11-11 16:07

#19: Disgusted -  

disgraceful comment  if you have nothing positive to say then please shut up !  You don't know what this family is going through grrr!

#32 Re:

2014-11-11 16:16

#25: -  

a hostel is no place for a sick child ....and if a country can't help their own then there is something very wrong ! If you had a sick child wouldn't you do everything possible to increase his chances ?  Stop judging as any mother would do whatever they could in this situation ?  As for the I work for my money speach....im sure when charlie is well helen will be in a much better situation !   

#33 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

2014-11-11 17:06

#28: - Re: Re: Re: Re:  

Hi Lily. I'm not at all upset, but thanks for your concern. I have a husband, who helps keep a roof over his children's head, clothes on their backs and food on the table. Thankfully though, I don't need a man to support me and keep me as his kept woman. As an adult, i do that by myself.

just because I am not up in arms about the situation doesn't mean I don't wish for a good outcome for this family, I just don't think it's very fair for one family to kick up and shout loudest in order to skip past other families who are also in need of help. If you are on a council house waiting list them I'm fairly certain you are entitled to rent allowance, which would help put a roof over your child's head. 

And I don't mean to rag on at Helen, I do feel sorry for her kids, and Jesus you wouldn't wish any child to be ill, but Helen, I know of you since before your children were born, and I never recall you working either. 

People need to learn to be self sufficient, it's not fair to bring little kids into the world and expect everyone else to fund their lifestyle.

And while I agree a hostel is not an ideal place for a sick child, it surely has to be better than the side of the road? 

#34 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

2014-11-11 17:09

#30: Aoibheann - Re: Re: Re: Re:  

That's my point Aoibheann. Any one of us can fall upon hard times, like the people who've been on council waiting lists for the last 10 years, what's fair about one family jumping up and down shouting the loudest, and getting a house because they've demanded one? It's not chocolate they're handing out, it's expensive houses. And they're not free either. We are in recession and they are paid for by those who contribute. 

2014-11-11 18:14

U say u no me how and I woz 18 wen I had my first child and 19 wen I had charlie I worked up until den andid work now if iI could iv never depended on any1 for any thing and yes I would gladly take a house with rent allowance but u try finding 1 I. Dis town and if u do let me no id gladly go into it do ye not think iv tried everything else b4 I done dis ppl havent a clue wot im going true and iv been on d council list 8 yrs and never heard boo from dem but d 1time I ask for support dis is wot happens look its ok for ye commenting but like I said dont comment in tings u don't no id gladly answer all yr questions and to the person who said dey novme reveal urself so il no if u have d right to talk abou my lifeor not

2014-11-11 19:58

Cop on, seriously. You're putting yourself in the public eye, obviously people are going to wonder why someone who's homeless has so many expensive tattoos, or why they're looking to buy toys before saving up for a deposit. For someone that's homeless you don't have your priorities in order, that's for sure. 

Anyway - 

http://touch.daft.ie/lettings/4-ballin-ri-tullamore-offaly/1502939/

2 bed house in ballin ri, doesn't say it doesn't take rent allowance 

http://touch.daft.ie/lettings/killiskea-tullamore-offaly/1461707/

2 bed just outside tullamore 

There is two, hopefully you find something before the child has his operation. 

helen lynch

2014-11-12 10:47

Wot I have on my body has nothing to do wit anyone but mr u dont no how long I have des or wot dey cost and as fir d toys my sons bday is next week si wot I cant buy him a toy for his bday  I dont no y im explaining my life to u I dont even no who d hell u are so unless ur planning on signing d petition u have no reason comment ere its a petition for support not putting ppl down or bragging for wot u have . Dont forget karma comes knocking on all door 

2014-11-12 10:50

Quess wot no rent allowance do u really not tink iv tryed all of dem seriously look u said wot u had to say so unless its imporant to u dont comment again plz 

#39 Re:

2014-11-12 17:13

#37: helen lynch -  

I did sign it, as I wouldn't wish anybody to be homeless and from the bottom of my heart, I hope that your son is okay, has a speedy recovery and both your kids are safe and happy with a warm home. 

#40 Re: Re:

2014-11-13 23:54

#31: Rachel - Re:  

15% of online topical commenters in ireland are apparently government paid trolls, so... fuck that guy , its most likely not even his/her opinion at all. Ive worked for TullamoreTown Council on about twenty houses, sometimes i feel sick when i see 1 guy moving into a 3 bed house or when some fuck fresh off a boat cuts in front of local people because our politicians have let the Eu coerce them into taking a % of asylum seekers. Charity begins at home.

#41 Re: Re: Re:

2014-11-14 08:52

#40: - Re: Re:  

This country is awash with self entitled people, who want to do nothing to accept responsibility for their own lives. They want to have kids, then expect the community welfare officers to give them money for buggies, hospital bags, ect. Then expect extra money in social welfare payments, rent allowance, children's allowance, medical cards, council houses, back to school allowances. 

What ever happened to funding your own lifestyle rather than expecting people who go out to work, and get screwed left right and centre, to fund it for you? 

I think people should have to make a minimum contribution to society before being allowed claim anything like that. 

Or like Canada, where if you don't work them you are on your own. We are paying women to stay at home, have kids and do nothing. 

Oh and 69% of statistics are made up. 

#42 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2014-11-19 17:40

#41: - Re: Re: Re:  

Would you just prefer your taxes going straight to fund the T.D's private holiday's? Because personally i'd prefer to see my taxes going into the health and wellbeing of our children, how anyone thinks it's acceptable to deny a single mom to too young children a safe place to live is beyond belief, 

Ps. Pull your your head out of your fxxking arse and find something better to be doing than cyber bullying. 

Judgemental bitch.

adge

2014-11-20 23:43

Free house hmm i do not know of any in Ireland . Helen i hope you and yours get a quick solution to this but like allways the council drag their feet through red tape .My advice would be to ignore these Trolls and keep on fighting the best you can and get in touch with your local councilor as elections are looming show him the support you have . BEST OF LUCK

2014-11-22 22:14

This girl need a House with her to kids it not right polish nd other people can come into our country and get House hand to them its a joke

#45 Re:

2014-11-24 15:40

#44: -  

polish people have children too, and work hard to contribute towards society. Why shouldn't they benefit?  

2014-11-24 20:56

Best of luck Helen xx

2014-11-27 21:50

I think its an absolute disgrace that this family have not been homed before now. And I would hope the housing attoritey can see what damage they've caused to this family on the inside. They are human like us all and im sure they are thorn apart inside both physically and emotionally. Is sad to say the council cant home people in need its 2014 like come on !!