Medi-link extension

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Medi-link extension.

2014-11-20 14:38

I am a volunteer at the qmc hospital, It now tales me nearly 2 hrs to get there and the same return. If I miss the return bus I have to wait upto 2 hrs for the next one from clifton park & ride.

2014-11-20 17:22

verry good idea,lets hope the council see's sense

2014-11-21 12:01

This service would be invaluable for people in South Notts. wanting to attend QMC or The City Hospital especially as the No.63 service has been withdrawn from East Leake making it at least a two hour journey on buses if you do not have your own transport! which many of the elderly do not.

2014-11-21 16:18

Really do hope it changes things, i am sure we are going back in time in this country, our recent visits to QMC including travel and consultation times are taking seven hours plus and we are only nine miles from the QMC. We currently have to catch two busses going in & if we miss our connection at Clifton it means we have to go to Slab square & then a bus to Queens, the homeward journey is as bad. Talk about the 21st century, Nottingham might be proud of its Tram, but it falls far short in other areas.
Long in the tooth.

#30 Re:

2014-11-21 16:30

#21: -  

Very well said, at last someone who sees it the way it should not be!

2014-11-21 16:38

This 63 bus service to the qmc was removed without notifying the residents of EAST
LEAKE .

2014-11-22 15:41

A very necessary service for elderly people who do not have their own transport.

2014-11-23 17:04

I've used this service on a number of occasions and found it very helpful cutting the cost and journey time, and good when taking my children to appointments.

2014-11-24 10:33

Travelling to a hopsital means that often the traveller is in need of medical treatment. Trying to complete a journey by bus is a challenge at the best of times and nearly imposible on this journey. I had to go for physio appointments by bus and was so exhausted after getting there that I struggled to get home. This direct to the hospitals service is dersperately needed.

Ratcliffe on Soar

#35 Bus service to QMC

2014-11-24 12:57

Hospital access from S Notts villages has been compromised by withdrawing local NCC bus services.The excellent Medilink service to  QMC and City Hospitals should be directly linked to the rural bus schemes without the need for double journeys into and out of the city.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-11-24 13:11

2014-11-24 15:23

The old 65 route was very limited but it did go via the QMC hospital the new 865 is significantly less convenient necessitating at least one bus journey which can result in either waiting for the connection in the open or being stranded.
This could be life threatening for the elderly infirm.
I am a fit 75 yr old but on one occasion had to wait for 1 hour in the rain waiting for the 865.

2014-11-25 18:22

The axing of the 63 bus has been a severe blow to residents in South Notts and caused hardship for those needing to access hospital services. The proposed link would provide a much easier journey for those people, particularly the frail and elderly.

2014-11-30 12:43

The medi link is a vital service for people who do not drive.

2014-12-03 13:54

The withdrawal of this service has meant that there are now two additional cars from just one household travelling in rush hour traffic daily.
Thankyou for this.
When will these people (who withdraw valuable services) realise that by demanding that we use public transport they should provide public transport.
We should not have to drive to a city boundary to use transport that they perceive as being convenient (for whom?), obviously not us who live a Nottinghamshire village.
East Leake has 4 residential developments currently underway, and yet we are constantly sidelined as being a "Loughborough" village. WE ARE IN NOTTINGHAMSHIRE!!! Many of us work in Nottingham.
Please re-install a much valued service and recognise us as being part of Nottingham.

2014-12-06 10:26

The village needs better connections to the local towns and services, over the past three years, lots of services have been withdrawn.

2014-12-06 18:51

Easy to use.

2014-12-08 12:58

It's absolutely terrible that this bus service has been removed. It has caused huge distress to many residents who just aren't well enough to make the long journey to the city centre and out to the QMC.

2014-12-12 13:53

This bus service must be restored for all the residents,disabled and elderly in all the villages.
dixie

#45 63/65 qmc link service

2014-12-30 15:53

It is only right to give the outlying  Staff, outpatients and visitors this important service back,because of the time factor and the extreme cost of parking at the Qmc and THE city hospital.

2015-01-16 19:56

there are a lot of visitors to these villagers over a year and a good bus service will help the villages ,when they put lots of activitys on and need the visitors to come see whats going on
richo

2015-01-16 20:09

its a good idea to bring the medi-link bus into play but it would be a better thing to reinstate a bus sevice that will cover all the villages and go via queens med and to beast market hill and you must remember a lot of villagers have there pets to consider,because they will not be able to take them on the medi-link i think unless its a working dog

2015-01-20 11:21

It is very important to maintain this valuable medi-link bus service to our local hospital many people depend on buses when visiting or attending the hospitals because either they do not drive, or they find car parks expensive, even a nightmare to find spaces at peak times. The bus is of vital importance to our local community especially the elderly and it is high time we put them first instead of neglecting them which seems to be the trend of our council and government thinking these days.

2015-01-24 11:49

These services are much neede for those without transport,& benefit road congestion

2015-02-04 19:18

i would like to see all the councillers who decided to change the bus service the villages had to the one we have now come live in the village either barton,or thrumpton for a week and travel to work,or the hospital or even to do your shopping on the 865 bus service that you have provided ,and make your appiontments on time then tell us the service is good come and practice what you preach, srichardson