ATTENTION: MEETING WAS CANCELED BY MR.SPURGEON TOBYS BOSS.

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition ATTENTION: MEETING WAS CANCELED BY MR.SPURGEON TOBYS BOSS. .

2014-11-17 17:17

From one pittie momma to the next please sign anf we just might stand a chance to save the breed in that corrupted town

2014-11-17 18:55

I know so many wonderful pitbulls that don't deserve to be judge
They live around children and seniors
They are loving and very friendly
Toby wants for all to be destroyed and that's not fair and ok
He is avoiding the dogs that really need seen and helped because nothing matter to him just pitbulls.

2014-11-17 23:25

This man is taking me to court for not getting my vicious dog permit. Our dog has passed the good citizen test and could have done it without the training. My husband was trying to get info from him and he hung up on him and refused to answer anything or call him back. He has been driving by the house and making himself known. I guess he doesn't know what harassment is...he will soon.
It was my job

2014-11-18 00:44

Time for all this  come to an end.  Its been going on long enough.  Start with changing the city laws, so Mr Wills will have nothing to work with,  I know too many good dogs PTS. 

2014-11-18 01:07

I have personally dealt with this unpleasant individual many times and if suffered harassment from him for years he is one of the reasons why I left Newark and will never return to live there again and now he is harassing one of my good friends all because we decide to have a breed that he doesn't like. Toby wells does not deserve this job he is abusive to the owners and to the animals and sad to say that I have plenty of horror stories to fill an hour or two of your time :-(

2014-11-18 18:53

7-22-2008 he made me put my baby desiel James down! An he was a mixed pit!!! 

2014-11-18 22:41

He always has harassed me about my Pitt bull
babyjay1211

#8 Re:

2014-11-19 14:03

#2: -  

Pitty's are wonderful dog's! It is how ppl raise them~ if someone raises them to be mean or fight then that is what it knows. My son had a kitty named Nena n' she saved his life when our trailer burnt done on Jan. 5th. Unfortunately she lost her life along with her campanion Tyson :-(  I pray that justice is done to help these pitty's n' their families. I've always said that pitty's n other dogs are what you make them ~ they can either be mean ( fighting) or gentle babies ( family protectors).

2014-11-19 14:45

About ten years ago we had a pit. I let her out to the bathroom and she jumped the fence. About 20 minutes later she came back. About an hour later my husband came home and Toby pulls up in his van. He asked if we had a black and white pit and we told him we did. He said that while she was out running, she cornered someone and he was taking her. I have no proof she did or did not corner someone and neither did he. There was no statement from the person she allegedly cornered, so I had to go with what he was saying. He told my husband that he had to put the dog in his van-he wouldn't do it himself. I don't feel that was right because when he showed up, she was inside. If he would have caught her when she was out of the fence, I can understand that. That was the only time she ever got out of the yard. So, my husband took our beloved family member to Toby's van. He said because we didn't have insurance that the case was up in the air. He said that if we paid a fine, we could have her back, but we had to either get insurance or take her out of Licking County.

While he was at our house, he saw that we had a ball python (a small one, in a cage, about 2 foot long) and said that we have to have a permit for it and that it needs to see a vet for the permit to be valid.

We got our dog back and we took her to my husbands grandmother's house at Fairfield Beach until we could find her a permanent home as we could not afford the insurance and we didn't want her to be taken from us and be put down.

Two days after we got her back and took her out of Licking County, Toby and two police officers came back to my house to see if I had made an appointment for our snake. Yes, I did, but that is not the reason he was there. He was there to see if we still had the dog. We had thought about keeping her, but knew he would do something like that. Really, he needed to bring two police officers to see if our snake had a vet appointment scheduled?

We ended up finding her a great home in the county with an elderly lady that needed a great companion and one that would protect her from harm. I wish we would have been able to keep her but in the end Toby didn't get her and that is enough satisfaction for me.

2014-11-19 15:22

He has harassed my family many many times over our baby!

2014-11-19 16:28

I AM begging ALL MY ANIMAL LOVING PALS TO PLAEASE NOT ONLY TO SIGNE THIS BUT TO SHARE IT! I Belong to many licking county groups online, I have personally seen the stuff that this PERSON is responsible for ! Please if you love pets and dosg and cats, PLEASe Sign, CHANGe is the only way!

2014-11-19 18:03

These babys don't dezerve what this man puts them and there family threw

2014-11-22 04:08

Enough is enough! I am compliant with everything and in good standing yet Toby makes up reasons to knock on my door! Smh... He needs a life!

2014-11-23 17:36

He only targets pitbulls they have rights to they are sweet dogs. And he is mean to the animals he needs tobe fired

2014-11-25 20:24

People that think pitbulls are vicious are just uneducated and ignorant.  It's as simple as that. 

jw

2014-11-25 22:12

does he get to make the rules about pit bulls. or is he just a scape goat for people higher up. all dogs can be vicious, not just pitbulls. who is making the rules in newark

2014-11-26 02:08

No more killing because of breed.

2014-11-26 02:08

A person in a position of power should be able to emphasize with each individual situation. This person has abused his position, making those who place him responsible for his actions. He continues to make heartless cruel desicions based on no information. He is a liability to the city.

2014-11-26 03:14

Wow!! I don't live in Licking County but I do live in Ohio. This is messed up. I love animals. I don't even believe in dog pounds they shouldn't be legal. Every animal deserves a loving home.

#20 Dewey

2014-11-26 04:03

we had a wonderful and loving pit mixed years ago and hr wasthe kindest and gentlest dog i knew and he was indoor went on chain to  go out tp potty let him out 15- 20 mins to potty and Toby came to my door knocking and asking qbout his dog box i asked why hes indoor dog he said all dogs need a dog box i told himm he was full of shit hes an indoor pet and ive never heard of that before well i went to garage got one out put it in my yard never asked anything about my other dog she was minature weiner jack rusel mixed. didnt need box for her . he is prejudice against pit bulls !  i dont have a pit anymore but he has picked on family and friends also for their dogs he a power crazy arrogant jerk. i so loathe him. 

2014-11-26 04:10

On two different occasion's I have had contact with Toby from the licking County Dog Pound he was very rude..On 1 occasion I was there looking into adopting a dog..He was on the phone with someone that had lost an animal he spoke to that person so mean we turned and walked out...

2014-11-26 16:14

hes a jerk and needs to go

2014-11-26 17:11

At the pound I paid all license and fees and was told that was all I needed. Toby knocks on my door 2 weeks later demanding more money, fees and requirements. He spoke to me so rudely that my boyfriend who was sitting down in another room, felt the need to come to the door to defend me. Toby refused to speak to him. I asked to explain how he determines if a dog is a pit (because this dog was a mix and did have the typical characteristics) and he said I make that determination from what I see and I don't have to explain that to you! He was loud, rude, harassing and had a clear hatred of pitbulls. His agenda was clear. He wanted the pit dead and was pissed that I was able to save him from the pound. He did not give me any citations that day, only threats...yet a month later, I receive 5 citations written on that initial day that were not given to me, nor signed by me. These citations carry possible heavy fines and jail time all because I saved a Pitt at the pound. This is a kind, gentle, loving dog who was adopted out and now lives in Mansfield with a loving family with kids. He is not vicious, nor dangerous and to deem as such, simply because of his breed is wrong! Even though I am facing these citations written as an abuse of power, I smile because the dog won!

2014-11-26 17:17

Please remove Toby from his job. To have a job with the word HUMANE in the title, you must have that...and Toby DOES NOT! He is cruel to animals and people and should not be in a position where he can abuse power and hurt so many families and animals. Please replace him with someone with compassion for animals and one that will educate, not harrass people.

fed up

2014-11-26 18:35

Toby has let his power, what ever that may be go to his head.  He has been shady ever since the scandal where several employees were fired for forging their certificated to put animals to sleep.  I am sure many of you remember Jason Guthrie and Kori Glover.