Bring Drivers Ed Back into Effingham Co. Schools

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Bring Drivers Ed Back into Effingham Co. Schools.

2014-12-20 03:51

Nothing is more important than the safety of our children, and Driver's Education is very important in preserving our young adult's lives.

2014-12-21 05:57

One life lost in high school changes the kids around them life's forever.

2014-12-21 15:11

Please bring this back to the school system! It breaks my heart seeing so many students losing their lives. There have been way to many vehicle related deaths of our teens in Effingham County over the past 4 years.
Williams Mama

2015-01-08 14:14

I completly Agree! Why was this even taken out of Public schools to begin with? Our young people are who we Adults are entrusting our Country too. It is out Civic Duty to Educate them before they are old enough to be in the real world. We are failing ourselves and Our Kids.!!!!!!!  

SusanE

2015-01-08 16:55

We need to bring Driver's ed back! One life is too many lost and there have been many. I don't mind if you raise my taxes if necessary to pay for this, but something has to be done!

2015-01-08 17:09

we need drivers ed back in our schools. an online program is useless to people who need hands on experience
Janamomof3

2015-01-08 17:29

We definitely need a drivers education program back in Effingham. Even if it has to be after school or weekends. Even saving one life would be worth it!

#8 Re:

2015-01-08 17:30

#4: Williams Mama -  

I was told it was taken out because it cost the county and boe too much money. I don't care...no amount of money is worth the loss of our kids' lives!

2015-01-08 22:56

Bring it back effingham!! Why would you even take it out with all the teen fatalities we have had these past few years? Cut unnecessary funding and common core and bring back drivers ed. I am sure more citizens in this county would rather have drivers ed than common core any day.

2015-01-09 01:16

It is senitless to lose so many lives!

#11 Re: Re:

2015-01-09 01:35

#8: - Re:  

But didn't they get a grant to buy the simulators with?  Or were they on loan or something?

2015-01-09 01:51

Very much needed!

2015-01-09 02:24

My daughter is 15 w/ her learner's license and is
Afraid to even learn how to drive!! We need this
The kids who drive to school and in this county
Drive like maniacs!! Fatalities in this county were
Down when this was offered in our schools!

2015-01-09 02:42

Very important. Proper driving technique instruction would be a no-brainer, and should be a must, especially among the media frenzied population we have today. Defensive driving skills and just admonishment to pay attention and be careful could very well make a difference in the life of a teen you know and love.

#15 Re:

2015-01-09 02:45

#6: -  

Even when it was in school there was no hands on experience. It was taking notes the entire class and getting quizzed on laws and regulations. The accidents have been due to tragic mistakes. Drivers Ed is not the issue. 

#16 Re: Re: Re:

2015-01-09 02:48

#11: - Re: Re:  

Simulators are not the same. Parents should teach children how to drive. Schools cannot be responsible for everthing. This county does good to afford paper and books for academics. 

#17 Re: Re:

2015-01-09 02:50

#15: - Re:  

My oldest took drivers Ed the last year they offered it and she drove it wasn't only classroom instruction.

2015-01-09 02:53

If parents want their children to have real hands on experience than they need to put them in course or program that allows them to be taught by a professional how to drive IN A CAR NOT A SIMULATOR. There are multiple driving classes offered by the sheriff's departments and other companies that will teach your children if you can't. 

#19 Re: Re: Re:

2015-01-09 02:55

#17: - Re: Re:  

There may have been a simulator but there was no vehicle out on real roads getting the true hands on experience. Trust me it's too much of a liability to a public school. Simulators still are not hands on experience.  

Anonymous

#20 Re:

2015-01-09 03:07

#9: -  

I know you didn't just say cut common core classes for Drivers Ed that can be taken online or in an actual classroom and is required to get your license anyways. God bless. 

Anonymous

#21 Re: Re: Re:

2015-01-09 03:09

#17: - Re: Re:  

she drove a go-kart. That is not actual hands on experience. 

#22 Re: Re:

2015-01-09 03:13

#20: Anonymous - Re:  

I had the exact same thought when I read that. Agreed!

#23 Re: Re:

2015-01-09 03:15

#20: Anonymous - Re:  

No one has said that I created this petetion what they can cut it the things like the pathways they aren't relevant half of these kids won't purse and career In the class they are taking therefore they are just there they need something that is useful such as drivers ed

Danny

2015-01-09 03:20

Any experience is better than none at all, Whether it's from hand on or simulator. I have taught all my kids to drive and try to teach them that certain areas are extremely dangerous because of heavy traffic or visibility. I don't make them avoid those areas, but I ask that use extreme caution and to always watch whats going on around them. And a green light does not mean they have to go right then, But to watch for the distracted drivers that may run the red light. Just because your right doesn't mean to pull out and get hit and risk their lives or somebody elses and I would rather than them be late than and arrive home safely than to speed and get involved in an accident and me lose them forever. Just teach these young drivers be courteous and focus on driving when they are behind the wheel, not phones and to make sure they are familiar with surroundings where they will be driving. Tell them to turn right instead of trying to turn left in some areas and if there is an intersection with a red light and one without to use the one with signal light even if it takes 5 minutes longer.

2015-01-09 03:20

Bring it back to schools! Wed have less accidents!!!