Petition against the legislation in KZN

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Petition against the legislation in KZN.

2015-01-18 21:47

I really do not want to lose my tarantulas and corn snakes. Some of these animals I've had since they were teeny tiny little babies. I have a variety of animal kids, both furry and scaley and I do my best to take care of them, even without a full time job, now to dock up the extra money for permits? Where must I scratch that out? I already buy the best food I can afford for my pets.
Ben Dover

#2 Wadifok

2015-01-18 22:32

As die so genaamde "nature conservationists" my diere wil vat sal hulle my eers moet veg

2015-01-19 03:30

How come many unproven "invasive" species are now considered "non permitable" yet the most destructive invasive species namely domestic cats are considered fine? Do your own homework and offer the evidence for public scrutiny before attempting to bring about changes in legislation! Why is it that the public needs to provide counter evidence in every case but nature conservation doesn't need to expose their evidence. I think it's a cheap way to do research! Or is Nat con just spending their "piss the public off" budget?

2015-01-19 03:53

Who thought this one up!

2015-01-19 03:55

Is a load a of Bull... focus your attention and resources where is is really needed

2015-01-19 04:21

Please see our reasoning behind the petition on the petition itself.

Kind regards
mandie

2015-01-19 04:53

Unrealistic legislation without taking the animal walfare that are kept as pets into account.

2015-01-19 04:58

They say our country needs to create jobs that is what we do, now they want to take it away
Adele

2015-01-19 05:15

Please reconsider as this is going to influence people's livelihood. Tarantula and other exotic animal keepers are passionate about their pets and getting rid of them will be heartbreaking.  

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2015-01-19 05:18

2015-01-19 05:28

I don't think this is fair. I have had tarantulas and a few other reptiles all my life. I have cared for and loved these animals and to now have to get rid of them because some person did not do proper research and think this through is unfair. To me these animals have become my kids...how can you take my kids away just to murder them

2015-01-19 05:29

niemnd sal my diere vat nie ! :/

2015-01-19 05:36

2015-01-19 05:43

Exotic pet's are a huge industry in South Africa and a lot of research and investment has gone into legal breeding of them. Some species are no longer seen in the wild and this is the only way to ensure their survival. Legislators would be wise to do research before just promulgating blanket bans on anything they don't understand. Only sheep follow whoever starts to run in some direction, without any thought of the consequences. Discussions with knowledgeable people in the industry will prevent legislration that harms many people in the pet trade and only provides for the interests of a select few.

2015-01-19 05:58

Over regulation of the exotic pet hobby will create more problems than solutions, and criminalize people who are pursuing a largely harmless hobby.

2015-01-19 06:00

There are people that make a living out of exotics and employ people thus contributing towards job creation that is needed in this country . If this legislation is gazetted it will cause people to loose their livelihood and jobs and for us that love animals loose our passion

2015-01-19 06:04

Who will police this anyway? They cant even get people to stop at stop signs anymore.Its again a money making scheme for the government.

2015-01-19 06:10

All animals should be allowed to keep as pets! It's unfair towards the people who loves them so much and now they have to give them away

2015-01-19 06:12

2015-01-19 06:20

No thought went into formulation of this law.
Wesley Bhayat

2015-01-19 06:24

they cant do this to all of us, there are too many of us in south africa, our pets arnt even our pets,they are family. it is like saying a mother and father must give up there children just because the goverment sed so. we even provide services to the comunity like last year 2014, i have made 34 people less afraid of snakes. more knowledgeable of exotic pets and have tought them why we love our pets so much. my snakes, tarantulas and all my exotic pets have become my children, my family, after a hard depression day at work, i go home and they all put a smile on my face. thye cant take my babies away from me

2015-01-19 06:25

Natcon Seriously needs to leave us be now, we give more time and dedication to our animals, we spend a ton of money keeping our animals happy and healthy, we do anything for them. They need to see that the animals are in the best care with us...
the 16 year old

2015-01-19 06:35

Theese are our children, why take them away and kill them?that makes no sense? Are you woried about the safety of the pet?they are fine, so why take our children away and kill them? Would u do this to your own dogs? Allow them to be killed for no reason? Just because someone thinks its cruel to keep them in a yard? I dont think you would, with these pets, spiders snakes, scorpions etc ,we can educate future generations on what is harmfull and what is not.or should we kill every spider snake and scorpion we see? If we dont educate future generations, they could end up touching something poisonous, please let us keep them, they do no harm to anyone, and I as a 16 year old has learnt things i never would in school, i have put my money and time into, these creatures, I give them the best i can afford, I love them so much just told all my time effort and money will go to waste? 

2015-01-19 06:36

Thank you for creating this Petition. Getting permits for some of these critters borders on the ridiculousness of the government and the people running things....honestly a permit for a gecko. I do not keep gecko's they invite themselves into my home.

2015-01-19 06:38

I have a reptile breeding facility and we breed corn snakes to supply the pet trade around South Africa. This is my job and I employ two other people full time for this small business of mine. If Corn Snakes are banned in KZN i will lose my income and two other people will loose their jobs. Corn Snakes have been in South Africa for over 40 years and there was an environmental impact study done that prooved that they are not a threat.