Keep Mytchett Sure Start Open

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Keep Mytchett Sure Start Open.

2015-02-10 22:11

It is awful to think we could lose it. It plays such an intricate role in the community and supporting parents through what can often be a tough transition. Elaine, julie and the rest of the team do a fantastic job on limited staffing, limited funding. Cannot believe once again what is able to provide children the best start in life is coming second to budget cuts, finances and statistics. Thought the politics were for supporting our future generations from the start?! 

2015-02-10 23:06

Elaine has always been a big part of the mytchett community and the centre is an essential part of it

2015-02-10 23:23

Its about time the locals looked after there community places, this sounds to me like its needed so come on people support it

2015-02-11 06:45

Value able service! Please fight to keep it open! I often run Stop Stopping classes at Surestart around Surrey and it truly is a magical service and reaches out to parents when they need help!

#55 Save Mytchett

2015-02-11 07:21

JULIE AND THE TEAM HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL AND ONLY TO HAPPY TO HELP OFFERING VALUABLE ADVICE AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, TIME.

IT WOULD BE A BIG LOSS TO THE COMMUNITY TO SEE THE CENTRE CLOSE, PARENTS AND BABIES WOULD LOSE THIS VALUABLE ASSET 

Sam

2015-02-11 08:11

Save the centre. The council continue to strip back all services but yet they still drive around in their posh cars claiming expenses.

2015-02-11 09:15

This centre is great for us local mums and we will definitely be deprived of local activities for our young children if it closes! Please do not close it

2015-02-11 09:59

Having worked at Mytchett CC for 4 years (only recently leaving) I can honestly say that losing Elaine and her team would be devastating for the local mums and families.... she is an incredibly passionate and knowledgable professional providing much needed support and information to the local families with young children. Centres seem to be governed so heavily by data and figures and in my opinion they are forgetting that real people aren't numbers and centres like this are a vital part of the community. I've seen first hand how many families Mytchett has helped, and i'm not just talking about how to change a nappy or how to play, i'm talking about REAL problems like post-natal depression and domestic violence. Don't close our Children's Centres!
MumofEandJ

#59 MUST NOT CLOSE

2015-02-11 11:15

Elaine and her team have seen both my children through their first years (my daughter from 5 weeks and my son from conception!).  Without the support of the Sure Start I struggle to think how I would have met other mums in the early weeks, or where I would have received support on later issues such as weaning, sleep and returning to work. All in a friendly, non-judgemental atmosphere (with lots of tea!)  Affluence of an area does not affect the emotional needs of its residents, this Centre needs to remain open so everyone has the same opportunities.

2015-02-11 16:24

I have found and am finding the service a valuable experience and would be devastated if the centre was to close. The support and classes that are available are superb and helpful.
This centre is extremely busy, in fact on baby health weighing day last Thursday, mums and babies had to be turned away as their were to many people.

2015-02-11 18:07

Local community groups should never close when they are doing such great resources and support. Its's much harder and expensive to start all over again if they close.

2015-02-12 13:36

Elaine and Trish were an absolutely fantastic support to me and my daughter through a very bad time we were having due to my daughter having sleep issues. Elaine's a star and her friendly and approachable personality mmake sure feel welcome right from day one. It would be a real loss to the local community if this centre wqs to close. I know ths difference she has made to me and my family is amazing and with out her support and advise we would noy be where we are now. My daughter is now settled at nursery and a happy, clever and confident little girl. Elaine has managed to improve my confidence and help to arrange training so i can now retrain to work with children and hopefully help someone the way her and her team have done for us. Please save mychett surestart.

2015-02-12 17:59

Keep up the great work!

2015-02-12 19:32

The centre and staff are amazing. They provide a great deal of services and support to the community with just a small team of people. It would be a great loss to see it closed.

2015-02-15 11:52

Amazing place for mums and children of all ages!

2015-02-16 13:12

we need this centre please sign the petition

2015-02-16 18:55

great much needed sure start

2015-02-16 22:41

As a family, we have benefitted hugely from this childrens centre following the birth of our son who was born with disabilities. Before I had any confidence to take my son out, Julie, the outreach worker, visited us at home and taught me baby massage and helped me to access other services. Her support has been a godsend to us at a time when I didn;t know where to turn, and I am certain that she has helped me and my son to bond and have the lovely relationship that we have. I joined the New Mums group in September and my son and I wetre made to feel so welcome and "normal" by Elaine and the team and my son and I have attened several of the groups and classes offered since. My husband recently started attending the Dads group with our son which they both really love. My husband says that Elaine is great at suggesting ideas on ways to help with our son's development It is also easy for them to get to on the bus when I am at work and no other childrens centre is as accessable to us by public transport. We will be truly devastated if this centre closes down!

2015-02-17 11:20

As a business owner and supporter of the centre, it is imperative that the centre remains open. The damage to local economy, the pressure upon its users and the fact that it is an incredible place with a great depth of service mean that to lose it, will be akin to losing something that makes society here better. Isn't that the government plan, one big society?

2015-02-23 15:38

Please keep this surestart centre open! It's brilliant for those living in the Deepcut/frimley area! The staff are absolutely fantastic! The area needs this lovely cheery place!

2015-02-23 15:39

Please keep Mytchett Sure Start Centre open

Love this place - Staff are amazing and really helpful !

2015-02-24 14:19

Sure Start Centres can help families to ensure that they get the right help so their children don't end up being a government statistic.

2015-03-03 12:36

My daughter in law works at a Sure Start Centre that is also under threat of closure, it would seem to me that this Government is hell bent on bringing the ordinary working class people of this country to it's knees. NOT ONLY DO THE STAFF AT ALL SURE START CENTRES NEED THEIR JOBS BUT, THE FOCUS SHOULD BE ON THE CHILDREN WHO NEED THE CENTRES MORE.
Good Luck to you all, I will cross my fingers and toes that you may carry on the wonderful job you do in the Sure Start Centres.
Susan H

2015-03-03 18:54

I went to the nursery myself Way before it became sure start and I don't want to see it close and I wish for my children to go there! How can they close something down that is helping so many people!!!!

2015-03-04 13:25

Not all services can be sold for money. Some need to be supported by the greater community.