Save Elstead & Villages Sure Start Children's Centre

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Elstead & Villages Sure Start Children's Centre.

2015-04-14 11:30

Have young children in Elstead and children centre is very important to us.

2015-04-14 11:33

If any government truly wishes to improve life chances for all, then these centres should be expanded, not closed. They provide an invaluable support service to families with young children and can make dramatic differences to children's life outcomes in the few years that they work with them and their parents. The Elstead & Villages Children's Centre has done a wonderful job over a very wide area and should be celebrated, not threatened with closure.

2015-04-14 11:38

As the centre is very valuable to myself, it is a fab place for me to take my daughter. It offers so many facilities and is local so is nice to meet up with people in the village in an informal environment.

2015-04-14 12:05

This is detrimental to the early intervention for those families most in need of the children's centre services. Having a "place " available in the neighbourhood for those most in need that struggle to build relationships with any professional services is vital. For them the continuity is essential for engagement.

2015-04-14 12:53

It provides so much help for so many new parents and I was one of those parents. Helps people who may otherwise feel alone, and affect their mental wellbeing, to find other parents in the same position and gives them a chance to discuss any issues they may have.
dt

2015-04-14 15:02

Don't know what I would have done without the centres help these past few years..... thanks to them my son got the help he needed with their extra support also.

2015-04-14 15:10

Grandchildren attend the centre and have a wonderful time

2015-04-14 15:59

It plays a very important part in the village and help local families who could be very isolated in a rural location, we need more centres not threats of closure!

2015-04-14 16:04

The Centre's work in Wrecclesham, Farnham is invaluable to the health and welfare of many families. Without it, there will be many more people isolated and in crisis.

2015-04-14 19:11

This centre provides invaluable support for the most needy and deserving in the community.

2015-04-14 20:31

I live in the local
Village and believe it helps the local community I myself have 5 children be so sad to see it go x

2015-04-14 21:52

all children centers are an amazing way to bring local families together and to provide support to younger and more vulnerable people. Closing them would be a shameful disgrace and waist of resources.

2015-04-14 22:06

Because I have used this childrens centre since my child was a baby and am still fortunate enough to be having the support and help from them!

2015-04-14 22:18

fantastic sure start centre please all sign and use this centre if you have any under 5s they will love it x

2015-04-15 08:41

its is very important to keep up from early on the integrity of a community. starting from childhood care within the communities.

2015-04-15 10:51

I live in Elstead and feel strongly that we need resources like the Children's Centre. Closing this, when it was only built recently, seems like a shocking waste of resources.

2015-04-15 19:06

These guys are amazing.
E.T.

2015-04-15 21:29

This children's centre has offered the families and lone parents in this area and surrounding, the best advice, support and guidance they could ask for. With such a small but willing team, engagement between the children's centre and the local community has improved dramatically and the overall effect the wonderful team has had on the surrounding area has been phenomenal. It will be greatly missed and will definitely leave some parents without the support they deserve in ensuring their children are developing and learning. Please don't close such a vibrant, welcoming centre to not only the local community but the wider areas too!!!

2015-04-16 17:11

I am comited to early help intervention with families.
There is a particular problems for disadvantaged rural families accessing services and this centre takes it work to young families.
Not everyone has a car!

2015-04-16 19:17

Because it has helped my daughter in many ways.

2015-04-17 07:58

As a Waverley Borough Councillor and therefore a representative of the residents of Elstead I support the views of those who feel strongly that the Elstead Sure Start Centre should not be closed as part of the Surrey county council cuts programme.

2015-04-17 10:10

Oh no it would be terrible if this closes. Surrey we are struggling with coping with the number of families accessing support for young children and their families. Please dont compound the problem.

2015-04-19 19:47

Because it is an invaluable resource for the community and covers a huge geographical area.

2015-04-21 22:36

My grand children benefit from this facility and it is a great source of learning for all our children.
qwerty

#25 Elstead and Villages Sure Start Children's Centres

2015-04-22 10:12

Sure Start centres have made a huge difference in supporting parents in an increasingly difficult world in which to bring up children.  I would encourage the decision makers on this to weigh up carefully the potential "fall-out" costs in other areas which will be incurred by closing these centres.  Young mothers in particular need all the help they can get when their children are young to bring up healthy, happy and well-rounded children who will be responsible for the future of our world.  Please think again, Surrey County Council.