Cannabis is a medicine

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Cannabis is a medicine.

2015-05-18 14:24

I signed because Medicinal Cannabis = better quality of life for millions of Australians....

2015-05-18 15:32

Any person that favors the use of alcohol for recreational purpose knowing the amount of people who die each day directly from it and sees cannabis as a worst off recreational drug needs to open their eyes to the countless studies done in recent times.

2015-05-18 17:56

Because I believe this has been withheld from us for too long, it's medicine, medicine that works!

2015-05-18 19:32

I did this because I have prostrate cancer an do not want that poison called "chemo" in my body. And I think this is for me my cure. And it is not legal in the Netherlands

2015-05-19 02:59

marijuana heals cancers, and helps with many other health problems, I see and know of too many people with cancer.

2015-05-19 06:53

Because it cured my breastcancer with metastases to the bone and the liver.

2015-05-19 08:48

There has been a lot of evidence of the medicinal qualities of this plant that has even been officially recognized (US patents, numerous medical studies). Yet politicians keep Cannabis illegal and thereby prevent the legal production of Cannabis oil that has been proven to have more benefits than any artificial drug. Yet despite the proven facts that tobacco and alcohol are far more dangerous, politicians allow these to be sold. This has to stop!

2015-05-19 11:22

Using Cannabis as medicine is human right.

2015-05-19 15:30

Het is belanrijk!

2015-05-20 18:39

I got lupus.. cannabis helps to relief my pain

2015-05-25 11:31

CANNABIS CURES CANCER.....!!!
I was adopted into a family in Nth Qld who were Seventh Day Adventists and my father was the Minister for the local church. So I was raised with a strict hand and sheltered from a lot of things that just weren't spoken about. There was never any alcohol in the house, or cigarette smoking as it was drummed into our heads that it was the Devils work. So me and my three older brothers ( who were there natural boys ) thought that if we did either that we would go to hell. So I never really knew what pot was let alone a God given plant at that. By the time I reached my teens I started to rebel as I knew there was a different world that I never knew about. Tasting alcohol and smoking my first ciggie was a new experience for sure. Geoffrey the youngest of the three boys was only three years older than me and we were very close. If there was something we wanted to try, we usually did it together. I was 14 when he took me out the back barn behind the hay bales and showed this bottle with hose poking out if it. I had no idea what it was but it had me enticed. Then when I saw him suck on the bottle and burn this green stuff and inhale more, he coughed his guts up and looked at me with blood shot eyes. Of course I was keen to go next. Now at 14 and never done this wierd bong thing I proceeded to cough my guts up as well, maybe because we were smoking straight green with no tobacco mixed with it so we were informed about later. Wow, I felt like I was floating, walking on air without a worry in the world, pure bliss. Then I had an attack of the munchies. I've eaten so much all at once in my life. So that's how I started smoking pot and as I got older I continued to smoke for a number of reasons. One main reason was because after working a ten hour shift nursing, I would come home and unwind and relax. It helped me sleep as I didn't want to take sleepers. My moods weren't so up and down and I just simply enjoyed it.
I never knew anything about what other purposes this green plant could do. People who smoked pot or hash were called Dopers or Potheads and Hippies. Only low lives took pot and if u smoked it then u would get onto other harder drugs as that's where it lead people. Then I was taught how to grow plants so I didn't have to buy it. Boy, did I have a green thumb. My plants were healthy, buddy and a great strain.
So like many I knew I could make money from selling it. Everyone I knew would either smoke daily or on weekends. I was a Manager of a nightclub so I had met a lot if people always chasing a good smoke. I hired two guys who would sell for me daily, they would go thru around two pounds a day selling only in half Oz to full Oz's.
How I saw it was that it wasn't heroin or speed and it made people relax and laugh, not nod off or get angry. This went on for years and I was making quiet a best egg for my husband and two boys. I never had the pot at my house because of my kids. As a nurse I met many sick ppl who told me they smoked for pain relief, but didn't want to go up and ask anyone or financially couldn't afford it. So the money that I made in profit I started giving cancer patients, mental health patients and many more with weed every week. Just seeing the smiles on their faces due to no pain was payment enough.
All good things come to an end as the saying goes, and that's exactly what happened, it came to an abrupt end. My husband who also worked at the club as security made friends with this bloke that just moved here. For twelve months he had become a regular visitor at work and at home. Then one day he asked if he could buy some pot?? I'd never saw him smoke and questioned him who it was for. He was taking it to another state for a friend and needed four pound. I didn't want to do it as it didn't feel right for some reason but my hubby said I was a worry wart. Long story short, he turned out to be an undercover cop and I was charged with Trafficking, Supply and Possession of a Dangerous Drug. My husband also was arrested and we had to get Supreme Court bail and being a Friday had to wait in the watch house until Monday. Was I scared?? Too right I was. I had never been in trouble with the police let alone a speeding or parking ticket. As far as I was concerned I was a Virgin at all this. The cell was old and cold and I wouldn't lock my dog in it. That Monday didn't come fast enough, we got bailed and had to report at the cop shop daily. I was charged with the four pounds plus another fourteen that was also in the barn. When I read my charge sheet it had dropped from 18 to 11 pounds which I couldn't understand until my Barrister informed me not to question it. My court case came fast, four months and I was standing in front of the Supreme Court judge who was going to change my life in the next five minutes. I was sentenced first and the judge degraded me saying I was a bad mother and a "Godmother of Pot", I ruled the roost and my poor husband had to do as he was told or else is punish him. I was so upset as this man didn't know me as a mother, wife and person. He didn't know the good I was doing helping the sick but as far as he was concerned I was dirt.
So I was sentenced to nine years with a four and a half year bottom. I was going to Jail. Then the judges tone changed and showed pity towards him and sentenced him to 350 hours community service. He stated that our boys needed a parent home with them and that he would be the one.
Well I'm not married anymore and since being imprisoned I lost everything. Contact with my boys, my marriage and my home. So I moved to Sydney and set myself up. I continued to smoke pot more now than ever. I met some great new friends, enjoyed nursing again and met a new love. Things were looking up. I had another three gorgeous kids with him and then Bam, I collapsed at work. Waking up in emergency I was told I was being prepped for surgery because my large bowel was rupturing due to a 10" inch cancerous tumour. Ummmmm am I dreaming??? Ten hours later I was back on the ward lucky to be alive. The doctors couldn't or didn't believe that I had No signs of bowel cancer, no pain in abdomen or blood in stools, nothing made me think that I was even sick. I started chemotherapy two weeks later, I had a Port-a-cathe put in my chest inserted in my main artery so I could have my chemo thru it. Boy, did it make me feel sick, vomiting, nausea, no appetite and pain constantly. I hadn't had a smoke for two weeks due to being in hospital, so I started up again. Within hours I started feeling better, my pain was subsiding and I felt hungry. It was amazing just how good it made me feel after each chemo session. I told my Professor of Oncology that I was smoking pot wondering what he would say. To my amazement he asked if I was a long term smoker and if so it more than not saved ur life. He started explaining how the plant as a whole could be used to help many sick people. And because I'd been smoking prior to my cancer it clouded the normal systems that I would have had. He told me not to stop as it will help with the nausea and vomiting, pain and appetite. He supported the use of Medicinal Cannabis as it was better than subscribing OxyContin and Endone. The chemo really wrecked me and my body and was glad when I stopped.
A good friend then joined me up with the Medicinal Cannabis Users Association on Facebook and I soon started learning exactly what my Oncoligist had told me.
It has cured Cancer and proven in USA, it can be made into an Oil or tincture that u take orally. People were making oils and edibles out of this plant, kids with epilepsy that suffered 300 seizures a day were having Zero, YES ZERO SEIZURES. so many medical ailments that this oil was curing. Even pets were being treated with it.
As much as it is illegal to even grow or sell pot, many have to do it just to treat themselves. Now the government has agreed to start the Cannabis trials in NSW, Qld and VIC. Without educating people out of the stigma that it's "reefer madness", then this plant will never be given a fair go.
I take the oil now and I will continue taking it before I shove another pill down my throat. Thanx.

2015-05-25 14:07

Cannabis cures many illnesses including cancer, a caring government would make this vital medicine available to all who need it, without reservation. The trials have already been done. Allowing people access to cannabis medicines would cut the spiraling cost of health care.

2015-05-26 13:18

Medical cannabis use all over the world

2015-05-26 13:22

#FreeTheWeed4ThoseInNeed

2015-05-26 13:30

I have cancer...

2015-05-26 14:05

Cannabis is nature's miracle medicine, let us use it!!!

2015-05-26 14:10

I believe it should be legalized, its our lives we are dealing with here why cant we use it if we choose too, its been proven it cures, why doesnt the government let us make up our own mind on which treatment we want to use to saving our own life, We have freedom of speech why not freedom of choice???

2015-05-26 14:24

I know God has made this plant a medicine for a reason. ..too many testimonials to NOT believe

2015-05-26 16:06

I, myself, have fought cancer twice and fortunately won. However, I have other family and friends we're have not been as lucky. I believe that everyone should able to use cannabis, in any form, to fight disease. The choice should be theirs and theirs alone.

2015-05-26 16:19

I signed this petition because son is 16 Severly autisic and has epilepsy. His sezures are not under control with the medication he is on and i am fighting to get him help wih cannabis. The red tape bullshit is wrong.

2015-05-26 17:50

Cannabis Oil has been the ONLY thing that has helped me to remission of chronic nuero Lyme.. Lyme disease is painful Nd take your life away. Cannabis HELPS you get your life back !!

2015-05-26 18:17

maak het legaal zoals in Nederland

2015-05-26 19:35

Cannabis is nature's medicine for multiple illnesses, let's legalize it and use it!

2015-05-26 21:28

I know people with cancer who have benefitted from cannabis extracts

2015-05-26 23:13

I would rather treat my sick loved ones with something that exists naturally than with chemicals created in a lab making big pharmas rich. It is more effective