Save The Rock Music Bistro

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save The Rock Music Bistro.

2015-05-21 06:58

lovely venue

2015-05-21 11:21

We love the Rock , it is a wonderful place for people of all cultures, ages, creeds and social standings to meet and interact. It a landmark for the south coast and a fun family entertainment spot that offers an opportunity for the whole family to enjoy music culture at its best. ROCK ON!!!

2015-05-21 13:11

My cousin Brian De Kock is a muzo that plays there regularly. An Awesome venue to showcase local talent.

2015-05-21 13:57

Please dont close The Rock its a awesome venue with awesome people and awesome bands that play there. The South Coast needs a venue like this.

2015-05-21 15:51

To keep it going, great vibe, great music, great company, great food

2015-05-21 22:26

Rock bottom brings our community together. Good people, good music.

2015-05-22 06:24

Its made a name for itself as a great music destination....that's good enough for me

2015-05-22 11:02

As much as it is owned by our so called "WHITE" people, it is one place I can go to and no one including owner's, staff or patrons are racist. I've been to other places and boy o boy racists. Latest was at Quenchers, I am still Black in their eyes.

2015-05-22 11:04

I am a regular supporter of the Rock. I go there for there awesome venue, fantastic musicians and great food. They provide a safe venue for fabulous entertainment and relaxation

2015-05-22 14:44

This is a truly spledid venue for everyone including children. the food is fantabulous and plentiful. The owners and staff are terrific and deserve to keep The Rock.............Lets save The Rock..Umzumbe wouldnt be on the map without it!!!!!

2015-05-22 17:04

Music unlocks creativity.
The Rock

#62 Re: Re:

2015-05-25 05:06

#47: - Re:  

Thank you so much for your comment. The music has always been outdoors since the Rock started being a music venue about 7 years ago. It is unfortunatley not possible and never has been to have the music inside as the inside of the venue is way to small, especially now that the bar counter has been made bigger. There are occasions when the music is louder then other times as different bands / musicians have different noise levels, we are trying our best and will continue to try our best to keep the levels down. We are no longer having big Rock bands as we are trying to respect our neighbours. Unfortunately sound travels and is sometimes very difficult to control. We also ask our neighbours to please contact Shirley if music is too loud as sometimes we are too busy and cannot always go for a drive or walk to check music levels, which Shirley does try do if she can. The music does not happen every day, and on the days it does we are trying to start the music earlier so that it finishes earlier. The police have said that music has to be turned down after 11pm which we have been doing. We hope that if you have an issue in the future that you will please contact us at the time so that we can address it as best we can. We have some of SA's top musicians at The Rock and its an assest to the south coast and to Umzumbe, so please be assured that we are constantly trying to keep everyone happy.

2015-05-25 09:52

The Rock is a 'one of a kind' Music Icon.

2015-05-25 10:18

I've been to The Rock. It is great FAMILY fun. It is original, relaxed and a great day out. A wonderful way for musicians to be heard, and for people to have am entertaining day out. Great food too!

2015-05-30 06:38

The Rock Music Bistro is the bomb! Please don't let it be closed down!
The new owners has brought a new era to The Rock and for this I thank them!
There is no other place like this south of Durban and the smiles I have seen this place radiate on the faces of old and young will be lost to the fog if this place closes down.
Please don't let this happen!
I'm a begging!

2015-05-31 05:24

Local culture and music must flourish

2015-06-28 05:15

The best place with awesome artists..They go put the way to get awesome musicians down on the South Coast...

2015-07-08 19:29

The Rock Music Bistro is a great get-together place and also attracts lost of visitors of which the South Coast is in dire need. Plus the do a fabulous job at promoting new talent in the music industry.
The Rock

#69 Thank you

2015-08-28 18:42

A big thank you to all of you for your amazing comments, we at The Rock really do appreciate it. We feel that The Rock is an assest to the south coast and we are trying our best to keep it going. But, without the muncipality issuing us with our entertainment license, the liquor board will not issue us with an alcohol license. We pay out great amounts of money every weekend just to have a license and keep the place running, but we are not sure how much longer we can go on without these issues being resolved. So please share our petition and if anyone can help please let us know

Thanks again for all your amazing support

Major Morgan

2015-08-28 19:27

So sad when a venue that provides a platform for local talent is denied a chance, especially in regards to them appeasing the concerns of the nearby local residents- & yet drive through any suburb and take note of the illegal shebeens operating with no problem. 

2015-08-28 23:06

Awesome venue, great people and worthy of support. A place for talent and musicians to play, and for the locals to enjoy

2015-08-29 00:23

The Rock not only supports and promotes South African artists but gets involved with community based projects such as the "Woofstock Sterithon" which helps hundreds of community members feed their pets and assists with financial aid in sterilizing pets on the South Coast. To try and close down an establishment that does so much for South African artists and the community is sadly a reflection of the society we have become.

2015-08-29 00:53

For all the reason as per writer stated My Daughter Carri Anne has Performed at the Rock Bottom. 

2015-08-29 05:06

I luv the Rock Music Bistro.

2015-08-29 05:56

The rock is a fine music venue, run by morally sound people who deserve the success the rock has had over the last few years. It caters for a huge array of people - south coast residents, visitors and travellers from all over South Africa and the world - bringing healthy business to the coast each weekend.
 Everyone has to understand that the majority of complaints that have been received have only come from competitors of The Rock's business, not concerned citizens or people bothered by the noise (for whom conditions could be respected and met), and should be treated as such. 

Let let the music continue and keep the south coast rocking.