Cudworth Unites

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Cudworth Unites.

2015-05-22 21:05

This development hasn't had much thought put into its impact on a village already bursting at the seams.

2015-05-22 21:07

Cudworth resources are already stretched to the limit.  2-3 weeks wait to see a GP, no NHS dentists available, schools over subscribed. 

2015-05-22 21:07

Just what we need a main road between the children and their play areas.

2015-05-22 21:12

My house backs on to the fields, we have already been told we will loose 40-50 thousand pound of our house price, but above all our village will be put under to much stress in dealing with the extra people, our schools are already full they are 67 kids in my son class, our doctors wouldn't be able to cope

2015-05-22 21:28

The people of Cudworth do NOT want anymore houses built in this village. The reason being there's not enough schools doctors suitable roads for extra cars and sewerage would be another issue.

2015-05-22 22:42

My biggest fear with regards to this planned development is the fact the land is green field, the only land available for mass housing projects is greenfield, if this development is passed then all greenfield sites locally, nationally wiil be under threat, that's even before we get onto the unsuitability of this location and all the obvious problems this huge development will bring.

2015-05-22 23:03

cudworth schools are already at capacity. the drs surgery can't cope with another 700+ people registered there. increased traffic and ruining a lovely view

2015-05-23 05:45

cudworth does not need and extra 315 houses, it needs the infrastructure improving to cope with the houses already built.

2015-05-23 06:08

I signed as I live on Sunnybank Drive which is off Carrs Lane. Not only will this proposed site have a massive impact on the wildlife in the area where exactly are the children that live in these houses going to go to school? As a TA in a local school I know how overcrowded they are already. Also doctors! You can t get appointments now so another housing estate will cause chaos.
The whole idea is just ridiculous

2015-05-23 06:26

Cudworth couldn't cope with more people houses & traffic it's bad enough now

#11 All for it.

2015-05-23 07:19

Nimby's are why our economy is on its knees and why we have an housing crisis. 

Get building building and boost the Local Economy

2015-05-23 08:08

I was brought up in summer dale road cudworth and spent many happy years enjoying the open space in Carr lane. I feel that enough has already been taken away from a wonderful caring community who still stick together through thick and thin. I visit my family in Cudworth on a regular basis and really can't see any benefits to the local community for this development. Think of those who have kept this community strong all these years and don't be greedy. The current Government have pledge support of the community so it's your duty to. Support this and this cannot be met with more housing. Let the folk of Cudworth enjoy this piece of beauty. Let's be truthful the folk of Cudwoth have lost enough and given enough so move onto somewhere where they can afford to lose something. Kind Regards Kathy Noble

2015-05-23 12:19

Stop ruining our village.

2015-05-23 14:57

Is this the Council and developers pushing a decision through without listening to the Cudworth community and common sense, I hope not! There is plenty of land off the new bypass that has been built which would not infringe on the residents or traffic within estates of the local community. Lunn Road is already exceptionally busy, this has been created by the housing developments over the last 10 years and I fail to see how it can cope with any increase in volume of traffic. Carrs Lane is narrow and winding and in one section it is dangerous for the many villagers who use the lane to walk down to the beautiful countryside offered in this area.
Council Stephen Houghton and Leader of the Council, previously lived on the estate off Carrs Lane and I would ask if this proposal would have even got this far if he still lived here? Come on Mr Houghton you out of everyone must know how valuable this area is to the people of Cudworth show your support and put a halt to this now. Everyone should write to Mr Houghton to ensure he hears your voice, he is elected to listen and act on behalf of the people who elected him.

2015-05-23 16:47

For the reasons sighted on the petition

2015-05-23 18:16

I signed this petition as the surrounding area is such a beautiful place to walk and take the kids, it is full of wildlife and I don't want to loose it

2015-05-23 23:10

have just built loads of new houses and flats in Cudworth we live overlooking the fields and was told when we bought the house that that land would NEVER be built on what is the point in having protected species of wildlife if your just going to bulldoze the site ???? why can they not build on the old Priory or Willowgarth sites that would free some money up that Barnsley B.M.B.C ARE PAYING OUT TO RENT THE NEW SUPER SCHOOLS

2015-05-24 00:49

I take it everybody objecting has got a house and is comfortable with their house? I'm 20 and have lived here all my live and I want to stay here. I would love to live in a new house because it wouldn't need any work doing to it. I have tried to get a mortgage to buy a house that needs work doing on it. I can get the mortgage to buy the house but I can't get the money to do it up. The mortgage companies won't help me out there. This country needs new housing, Cudworth needs new housing, especially housing that is ready to move in to straight away. Doctors are full across the country but we can't let this stop new housing. There is a shortage of new doctors coming through so let the housebuilders build the houses and get more people trained up to be doctors. If we have the doctors and teachers then we can get the health and education authorities to expand or build new facilities. Don't any of you objectors have young children or grandchildren who will need to get on the property ladder? If you do and you have objected then you should be ashamed!  

2015-05-24 08:49

i live on Lunn road close to Carrs lane and the traffic is already
heavy enough.

2015-05-24 08:52

I work at a Pharmacy and the demand for healthcare is increasing. Some surgeries have a few weeks wait to see a GP, sometimes it can take a long while if the patient wishes to see a certain GP especially if they have an on going, long term health concern. My friends who have children have struggled to get their children in to their choice of schools as they are at full capacity. Another 315 homes will only add to further strain of our village. We need money to be invested in to our village to improve what we have already, actually the same goes for our Town centre too. It's a shame that nobody seems to care about Barnsley, nobody seems to listen, we once had a lovely little town with a friendly atmosphere and now it's just full of £1 shops, mobile phone places and Greggs! Places are closing down, jobs are being lost and It's also full of immigrants and at times I feel foreign in my own home town! I want to see change and I want people to have pride in Barnsley again.
Jon

#21 Re: All for it.

2015-05-24 08:58

#11: - All for it. 

there are other areas that are more suitable than where they are planning to build these houses, this is not a petition against building homes for people in need of housing this is a petition against building houses on greenfield sites, at a guess i take you don't live in cudworth otherwise you would see that it can't cope with the amount of people that live there now. As usual councils are railroading plans through without the proper consultations lining there pockets for their futures not the people they are supposed to represent, they need to be held responsible for their actions whilst doing the job they were elected into, there is too much of this going off all over the country, look into other places where this has been done granting building permission to building companies that have then built on flood plains resulting in loss of property and no insurance because of the area!!! WAKE UP!!    

2015-05-24 09:35

I object to the development of three hundred and fifteen properties.
To be added to cudworth..we've just had a by pass built to help
With congestion of traffic.plans were submitted for a school on this
Brown belt land some years ago.the council decided the aces to the land was not adequate.whats changed.!!is it all about money and not about the community.
Jennifer clay.resident of cudworth.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-05-24 11:57

2015-05-24 13:06

because of traffic concerns in my area

2015-05-24 15:20

Because of the amount of traffic the access road on to Carrs Lane will produce and the pressure the extra people and children would put on already over streched schools Doctors and amenities.