De Velde Electricity Usage issue

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition De Velde Electricity Usage issue.

2015-07-30 08:04

we are paying too much for electricity, and the usage from flat to flat differers too much
Robert

#2 Usage is inconsistent and sometimes very high

2015-07-30 09:36

Normally a geyser takes ~5 units to heat up and then 5 more through the course of the day to stay warm. When I leave mine on for 3 hours, it takes 30 units - sometimes more. This shouldn't be the case and is the first time I have ever experienced it.

2015-07-30 10:15

Usage for our apartment differs from day to day. for example. i was out for the day yesterday. Everything switched of apart from phone and fridge (which was shut properly) - used 20 units. That is more than we use on any other day. I've been keeping record. Used another 7 to heat up our geyser.

2015-07-30 11:01

We pay more for electricity in De Velde than other people, and we are all charged different rates. Unfair. STSS system should be taken out, they take a cut.
DWM

#5 Get rid of STSS

2015-07-30 12:46

We pay to much for electricity and why must we get electricity from a 3rd party as we can get it for cheaper directly form Cape Town municipal...

Concerned

2015-07-30 12:48

Other than the unit bought being inconsistent, the unit usage is extremely inconsistent and falls much quicker on normal usage than friends of ours in a different complex using a lot more appliances, including a heater fan (which we do not even use in our flat) AND an electric stove. Their consumption is half of ours a month ... impossible! They are a family of 5. We are only 2 people in the unit.

2015-07-30 17:03

I have now lived in De Velde for almost a year. For the last 4 months my bill has increased considerably..I still use the same amount of units but am paying almost double - I realise that Eskom increased their tariff but something does not add up

2015-08-02 08:05

Because the electricity price fluctuates the price per unit is never the same.

#9 Status of petition

2017-10-23 21:35

Hi

Has anything been done to further this? Not that I know of. What can we do?