Petition to Remove Nuisance Alligator from Parmelee Pond

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Petition to Remove Nuisance Alligator from Parmelee Pond.

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2015-08-16 13:33

2015-08-17 18:00

An alligator can pose an immediate threat to humans and pets in our development.

2015-08-17 21:25

I am uneasy having predatory reptiles so close to our dwellings.I have to look over my shoulder constantly if I am out back .I do not like being unable to take my dog out back for her nightly potty break.We are just to close to the water to be comfortable.It will be too late if there is a horrible accident.Please let us have these alligators removed to a more suitable environment.

2015-08-19 04:13

I am not interested in destroying an animal, but I am interested in having it removed.

2015-08-19 19:00

I would like to see the gators removed before someone or animal gets hurt

2015-08-19 20:34

I miss seeing all the beautiful birds and wild life.
Holly

#7 Re: removal of alligator

2015-08-20 02:30

#4: -  Many owners did not get my original email with the petition link because I did not have their email addresses. In it I explained that SC law prohibits alligators from being relocated. A removed nuisance alligator must therefore be humanely and quickly killed. The reason for prohibiting relocation is because alligators have a strong homing instinct, and studies have found they will travel many miles on land and water to return to where they were captured. 

The major concern for many residents is the safety of the people and pets in our community, along with peace of mind. A lesser but important concern is maintaining our community's property values and appeal. Clearly, the average buyer would rather not purchase a unit uncomfortably close to a pond with a sizable alligator swimming around in it. However, some people are against killing any of God's creatures, which is a viewpoint that deserves respect. If you wish your name to be removed from the petition, please let me know and that will be done. Thanks, Holly Budd

2015-08-20 16:22

Concern about the safety of the residents, pets and wildlife living in Parmelee.