Stop Aldi, Inc. From Building at Market Street & Marsh Oaks Drive

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop Aldi, Inc. From Building at Market Street & Marsh Oaks Drive.

2016-05-03 21:34

WE WILL PROBABLY NOT BE ABLE TO STOP ALDI FROM BUILDING,HOWEVER, THE SITE PLAN USING MARSH OAKS DRIVE FOR TRAFFIC FLOW ALL THE MENTIONED REASONS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE

2016-05-04 01:28

This area is way too congested . It's not made for the amount of traffic. The car accidents are at a high.

2016-05-04 01:43

At this time with the bypass and new schools located in this area. I would need to see evidence the NCDOT, NHC and the City of Wilmington have a plan to control the existence traffic issues and with the addition of another store

2016-05-04 02:01

Will not shop at this store of it destroys the look of our front entrance. Do not destroy the majestic live oaks and landscape of this area. I never thought this area would looke like lower Market Street when I moved here in 2004.

2016-05-04 12:00

The traffic is bad enough as it is. There's no more road running North and South. 1 accident holds everything up and there have already been several. We do not need another grocery store in this area. What we do need are more roads in this area. One accident and you're trapped.
Do something about the roads. Build Aldi somewhere else.

2016-05-04 12:13

Too many accidents already!!!

2016-05-04 12:15

I am not against building but the placement of this will increase problems and there is 3 grocery stores around the corner already.

2016-05-04 15:28

I have nothing against Aldi... but HATE the location of this!

2016-05-05 11:45

We have enough traffic in this area with the existing grocery stores and the new Walmart including Lowes. There really is no need for a new food market. The traffic congestion would double at least. NO ALDI!

2016-05-05 12:32

The proposed location in the Marsh Oaks entrance will be a traffic hazard and will decrease the property values of the homes in Marsh Oaks. I am not opposed to the development of the grocery store but I am opposed to a shared entrance with Aldi.

2016-05-07 16:29

Makes no sense to allow any additional retail building adjacent to Marsh Oaks entrance, especially with out it's on ingress and egress off of Market. Seems that home owners in M.O. no longer are a consideration when decisions are being made by the county or the land owner. What a shame!!

2016-05-07 22:33

Growth in New Hanover is something we support. However, it seems that little consideration is given to the intended purpose of our area. Opposition to apartments fell on deaf ears and we now face additional traffic, accidents and the threat of declining home values.

2016-05-09 16:26

We have 3 supermarkets within i mile or less of Marsh Oaks. There is another supermarket (Publix's) going in down the road. How many supermarkets are needed in this area? How many business will be hurt with another market? What is the impact on traffic to an area that is getting more over crowded every year?
JS

2016-05-10 01:17

Not opposed to progress. Not opposed to a business wanting to buy and build on land zoned properly. What I AM opposed to is ALL new traffic exiting the business onto marsh oaks rd. It's too tight and already overloaded. Not safe for a main residential entryway!  The in and out is in WAY too small a space. NO way a fire truck can get to an emergency. NO way should those cars be turning left from the new business exit onto marsh oaks. NO way all those cars should have access thru the residential neighborhood simply to avoid the traffic. I do not support this type of progress or the business that causes this. And I suggest no one does!

2016-05-10 02:01

Our community does not need another invasion. There is no need for yet another grocery store. Two at Porters Neck light, two at Gordon Rd. light, and one approved at Middle Sound Rd. Plus our huge new Walmart store.

2016-05-10 02:07

There is no need for another grocery store in this area.

2016-05-10 02:10

Too much traffic, too many accidents, too much congestion.

There is no need for another grocery store in this area.

2016-05-11 21:18

There are already enough grocery stores, Walmart, Harris Teeter & Food Lion. Traffic is horrible,

2016-05-12 18:25

Traffic issue is a big problem and I do not want tis traffic entering and exiting from our neighborhood streets.
Trip

#20 Sold out

2016-05-12 18:52

I understand the man that was once on our HOA board and sold us our property was the the devil that sold us out. Thanks Judas  Koonce, you greedy

2016-05-12 18:57

improper land use to construct street front market on busy highway at the single entrance to a dense multi sub division housing neighborhood. A fitting option is to build at the new Walmart outlet just 1/4 mile north.

2016-05-12 19:29

Marsh Oaks has one of the most appealing entrances of any neighborhood on Market Street. It will truly be a sad day if Marsh Oaks joins the rest of the ruined neighborhoods in town. Nothing says welcome to Wilmington like, “I bet that was a pretty place before the German Wal-Mart”

2016-05-12 19:38

This grocery store is not an appropriate fit for the demographic of the neighborhood and would not be successful. In addition, the location proposed for this development already experiences heavy traffic congestion; a retail development, especially grocery store would cause mass chaos and frustrate many residents in the surrounding area.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2016-05-12 20:18

2016-05-12 20:59

I moved to this area based on the county plan to keep the density low. Unfortunately this plan does not appear to have been followed but I still would like to fight for the cause. I also have absolutely no interest in shopping in a store like Aldi which is not well financially positioned and potentially could go out of business in the next few years.