Citizens Against PPII Div 8 Assisted Living Facility Poulsbo, WA

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Citizens Against PPII Div 8 Assisted Living Facility Poulsbo, WA.

2016-05-27 18:51

Will create too much traffic and size of facility does not fit neighborhood. Roads cannot accommodate.

2016-05-30 18:44

I oppose the size of the 27 unit independent living senior apartments.

2016-05-30 21:33

It is not compatible with existing housing in the area, and it will add more traffic in an already congested area .

2016-05-30 21:45

My concern is for the existing community . the site is not only going to cause traffic but does not fit in with the housing that makes up Poulsbo Place. The builder also keeps very messy sites as proven before and now up off Viking Way. We have put a lot into our homes and want to live in a beautiful and quiet neighborhood.Years of his building will be disruptive and disturbing.

2016-05-31 21:45

Too big and out of character to existing businesses and residential areas. Please build within the existing zoning and codes or build this facility in areas already zoned accordingly. NO VARIANCES PLEASE!

2016-06-02 14:15

I have only been a resident of Poulsbo for the last three years, having lived on the outskirts in this county for 13 years. Livingin Poulsbo is a great joy. I had no right to say anything about the monstrosity of city hall, not living in town at the time.
I cannot say enough about the planners willingness to destroy the image of Poulsbo, not to mention a view that residents have paid dearly for and cherish.

2016-06-02 16:03

I live in the neighborhood and hope to avoid the degradation of it which would result from an enterprise of the sort proposed.

2016-06-02 17:47

I live in the neighborhood and don't want the added traffic that this project would inevitably bring to the area. We already have the ugly city hall building in the downtown area; we don't need another monstrosity.
JMG

2016-06-06 18:12

I live on 4th, and the traffic problems are already an issue. We regularly deal with speeding on our 25mph residential road, in addition to drivers blowing through the 4-way stop at the corner of 4th and Iverson. I have two small children and I'm already uncomfortable allowing them to walk the sidewalk on 4th, this would make an already bad situation worse.

2016-06-07 20:25

We are very concerned with not only the size of this development but the traffic and congestion it would create! Driving and even walking in the area is dangerous. The developers/builder don't live in this area so obviously don't care. Build somewhere else Martha and Mary!!

2016-06-11 02:35

I am concerned about the grownth in Poulsbo downtown area. Lets be smart and keep the charm of the city. More buildings such as the City Hall and you can kiss goodbye the small town charm! As for the traffric, parking is already a problem.  The area around the Post Office is BUSY and now you want more cars.?! Single and two story individual homes would fit but a business with 3 levels would be an insult to all who live in the area. 

Please remember once the charm/small town feel is lost....it is gone forever.!

Respectfully submitted

Thank you

2016-06-30 22:09

The size of this project does not seem to be in keeping with the character of the community. It also does not seem to appreciate the impact of traffic and other local businesses & residents.

2016-06-30 22:43

Because I live in Poulsbo and that intersection is already busy enough, why not build it on Viking Way.

2016-07-01 00:16

Very concerned about increase in traffic volume on NE Sunset Street.

2016-07-01 13:28

Because of the increased amount of traffic it will bring around a neighborhood with kids.

2016-07-02 23:31

I'm a "bottom line" kinda gal!!! Wrong scale/size for surrounding area, wrong location for the type of services, added congestion to our neighborhood. Basically, the reason our PP area is desirable place to live...and why are property values are sky-rocketing....is because of the neighborhood/village/community many want to live in. Bottom line...I'm protecting my investment....hoping you do too!!!

2016-07-03 11:17

While Poulsbo is a growing community it is important to be mindful of using the space is such a way as to not impact the already crowded streets in the downtown area. More retail spaces is not what is needed here. This community needs to address affordable housing or Poulsbo will soon wind up like Bainbridge Island where only those who have high paying jobs can afford to live...