Revisit proposed Harefield Youth Center Plan

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Revisit proposed Harefield Youth Center Plan.

2016-07-13 16:38

I have family that live round there, it is in the wrong place and I wouldn't use it

2016-07-13 16:45

I have family in the area and feel that the youth centre is in the wrong place

2016-07-14 09:41

This is so obviously an inappropriate site for a youth centre I find it hard to believe that serious intelligent councillors came to a positive conclusion without pressure (party line) being brought to bear. MUST get it done quick -it was in a certain manifesto!!!

2016-07-14 12:36

Why in the middle of a housing estate that can not cope with traffic now.

2016-07-14 12:48

This is the wrong place for the centre, listen to the people who live there!

2016-07-14 13:06

Whilst a young people's centre is needed , Ash grove is not a suitable place

2016-07-14 14:41

It is directly opposite my house , there is limited parking and the additional traffic will cause more congestion . The park is used by children that live close to it . I don't want the place to be a magnet for the unruly elements of the surrounding areas. There are other locations in the surrounding areas that would cause less disruption to residents of the village .

2016-07-14 16:41

I can't think of a more unsuitable place to build this youth club
With the parking situation in Ash Grove, adding to it, is asking for
Trouble, can you imagine rescue services getting access to this site
Has the Fire Brigade been asked to comment.

2016-07-14 18:43

Ridiculous place for a youth center!
Parking is bad enough as it is! & as for the noise it will bring, not fair on the residents!

2016-07-14 19:20

The main reason being that for a youth centre to be so close to residential homes is ridiculous

2016-07-14 19:34

It seems to me to be totally inappropriate to site a youth club in the middle of a densely populated housing estate. The noise generated in the evening will be distressing to local residents, especially the elderly and people with young children. Many young people own cars and motorcycles which will, not only add to the noise pollution, but cause parking problems for residents, who mostly do not have garages, and also their relatives. It is very difficult to park in the road already. Selling parking permits will not prevent illegal parking in the road. This is a measure that may be necessary and unavoidable in a large town, but to actually create a situation where this might be necessary, seems to be a cynical way of raising money. It would cause hardship to many, and would contribute to the isolation of vulnerable people.

Another, more suitable site, away from houses and with adequate parking should be sought.

2016-07-14 22:21

Money has changed hands, like everything else that goes against public interest. The rich get richer and sod the rest.

About time that people who are supposed to represent us, listened to us.

I am not a resident of Ash Grove but can see how ridiculous the proposal is.

2016-07-14 23:02

Read some of these comments...... Seen ppl putting the Youth Centre is a safe place! Hello what about the residents children and the residents are able to play football, cricket etc safetly??? seriously look at the BIG picture its a money making scheme! The Academy has everything but due to lack of funding cant host a Youth Centre!!!! It should be the 5 million invest into the school for the Youngsters..... not a shiny new building whereby if you did your research realise certain Councillors are making money out of the building of it!!!! I dont want my children having to get two buses to a better school, I want to ensure we invest our (my) hard earnt money working fulltime wisely, not on 3 people getting a budget a lining there pockets!

Thats why I paced the streets asking for signatories for a petition not for my OWN self GAIN! I have ridden this nightmare and disgusting way residents have been treated........... So if anyone thinks this is such a great idea I challenge you to listen to THE BIGGER PICTURE as to the facts.

I am not pushing a YOUTH CENTRE onto any other green space, I did but this should be at the Harefield Academy to ensure the promise we was ensured would happen does happen! THey built on Green Belt on the provado they gave back to the community? Did this happen, NO!

So ensure you look at facts before passing your comments on here!

Happy to provide anyone with the FULL facts as it is scarey what unjustice has been served.

Regards

LEAD PETITIONER

Lisa WHicker

#39 Re:

2016-07-14 23:05

#11: -  

Seriously? i CHALLENGE YOU to actually here the correct facts!!! We have a safe place for children!

Lizzy59

2016-07-15 04:51

I cannot believe the council did not consider other locations in Harefield. The Ash Grove site is totally inappropriate for many reasons including access and location in a residential area. When the Harefield academy was built we were promised a swimming pool for use by the public at certain times, but this never materialised. I have no objection to a youth centre but please look for an appropriate location- within the academy grounds or Moorhall Road springing to mind.

2016-07-15 07:24

The proposed site is in a dormitory area with only 2 minor roads as access points into the entire estate. Parking is already at a premium. Our local counsellors were absent and made no representations on our part. The process has been abused by Hillingdon Council.

2016-07-15 09:48

Because I am extremely concerned about the unsuitability of the location of this proposed facility.

2016-07-15 11:24

A ridiculous situation for a youth centre - what planet do these councillors live on?

2016-07-16 16:15

I used to live in Ash Grove,i,m sure this is not a suitable site.

2016-07-18 18:32

As far as I can see there has never been an alternative location for the Youth Centre in Harefield investigated. I thought the government had stated that locals had more of a say in planning applications. This appears not to the be the case here, as it seems to have pre-determined and was going to be located at Ash Grove whatever the residents of the village had to say.

2016-07-26 07:49

lack of democratic consultation, incorrect siting eg traffic, parking problems. Fed up with our councillors not bothering about residents concerns.

2016-08-31 19:20

This in the wrong place for a youth centre, it is a residential road with very limited parking and access and vulnerable people living there who do not need half the borough turning up. Would the Harefield Academy not be more suitable? ??

2016-08-31 20:18

Wrong location and just heard that it will be a school for delinquents. Totally inappropriate location. Elderly residents would be completely disturbed. Too much traffic and no peace for residents in Ash Grove. Think again Hillingdon Council. Why should the whole boroughs delinquents be sent to an out of the way quiet residential village. Surely a more centrL location is more appropriate for this kind of venture. I would rather NOT have a youth centre in Harefield than one where the council import delinquent juveniles to our village. Totally inappropriate and very underhand.
Rebecca

#49 Incorrect site

2016-08-31 20:58

As a former London Borough of Hillingdon Youth Worker, I saw the positive impact their services have. HOWEVER, I am signing this position because I don't not believe the supposed demand for services actually exists in the local area. The youth club bus and the village youth club struggle to fill their clubs so why an entire Youth Centre is needed has not been explained. The council has not demonstrated a need for services in the local area.

Secondly, the siting of the proposed Centre could not be any more inappropriate or inaccessible and is therefore wholly unsuitable. There are many other potential spaces in Harefield and more widely in Hillingdon that could offer better alternatives. This is a hare-brained farce, a white elephant and a complete waste of resource, green space and effort, causing immense upset to the local residents. Hillingdon Council needs to listen to its local electorate on this issue and abandon or relocate these plans.

Anonymous

#50 Re: Incorrect site

2016-08-31 21:15

#49: Rebecca - Incorrect site 

Thank you for this post Rebecca. You have hit the nail on the head with this and it's great to have support from someone in the know! Thanks from all the Action Grove Action Team! We will continue to fight this!