No to Thetford library becoming police reporting centre

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition No to Thetford library becoming police reporting centre.

2016-08-26 07:40

Excellent idea in protest to what is a ludicrous plan. Thank you.

2016-08-26 07:45

Think it's important to keep the desk at the police station open rather than to put this on to library staff.

2016-08-26 07:48

Who really wants to register a complaint at the library? (especially the older generation)
Face to face with a Police Officer is what the majority want!
I believe this move will lead to incidents going unreported and could lead to an increase in crime.
Bad move for Thetford!

2016-08-26 08:31

I feel its a backwards step closing the local police station at all we do have problems in this town (not just people reporting lost items etc) and the time it takes to attend an incident would be horrendous when no one in the area - we have had a few incidents over the past week that needed urgent attention so good job we had police at hand

2016-08-26 08:45

Because We Need Police Not Library Staff.

2016-08-26 09:26

It is important to have privacy when reporting some crimes and people will just not report them

2016-08-26 10:11

THETFORD is a growing town and needs to retain all services

2016-08-26 10:17

It's hard enough reporting crime in thetford having to use the library is going to make it even harder. For those who have young children and can't always get into town when they need to its going to be even harder.

2016-08-26 11:37

This is an awful idea especially as the station was recently refurbished and as there are a lot of issues in Thetford. Towns need police stations.

2016-08-26 11:43

I frequently use the library with my children. It concerns me what situations they could be exposed to in the library. E.g. People in distress. People under the influence. Volatile situations/people.
I would probably reconsider visiting the library at all.

2016-08-26 14:01

I signed this petition because I think it is a really stupid idea :( why move it in the first place and are we going to get a reduction in our council tax? NO we won;t

#12 Madness

2016-08-26 18:02

I went to get police help once before during the day, two guys were fighting near the candy shop, couldn't even get into the police station nevermind report it. With the local spate of attacks n trouble we had around Thetford this is a terrible idea....

2016-08-26 18:16

Reporting a crime to a librarian?????you couldn't make it up!!!!!

2016-08-26 22:05

Because the cuts are becoming ridiculous and the effects are hitting everyone . It has to stop.

#15 Re:

2016-08-27 01:25

#4: -  

hey aren't closing the police station just the front desk

2016-08-27 08:09

All wrong. Library staff should not be poking their nose into private affairs.

#17 Re: Re:

2016-08-27 09:12

#15: - Re:  

The police station isn't manned 

2016-09-03 11:33

Thetford once again are missing out on essential services. All kinds of things happen to Thetford without the public knowing about them until they are in place. Even when the public are invited to comment NO notice is taken of their views. We are just pushed out in the cold without a thought. Our views don't seem to count.

#19 NO TO THE USELESS THETFORD LIBRARY REPLACING THETFORD POLICE

2016-09-25 17:09

This is unacceptable. We need access to a Police Station in Thetford. Not a useless Library that is run by incompetent and stupid people. I ordered books that the useless library did not have on their shelves and paid for books that never arrived. They take our money and we get nothing back. The Library is not the correct place to report anything. The Library should be where the prison block Travel Lodge has been placed - another waste of money initiated by incompetent Dereham who never listen to the people of Thetford. Its a nightmare begging help from the Police as it is. They always try to FOB you off and emotionally abuse you and call you a liar when you call them. The last person I spoke to when I called 101 was a psychopath and a character disordered lunatic who kept arguing and abusing me. This is unacceptable behaviour. I have complained about this to Norfolk Police but Sarah Parkinson told me that she would be doing nothing about it. They are belligerent and unhelpful. You report an incident. They do not care. We are paying their wages and we get treated with contempt. They are too busy chasing terrorists that do not exist. The person who came up with this insane idea is in abuse of office and should be held to account for making Thetford vulnerable. They would not do this in paedophile Hampstead, in North London. Then don't do it in South Norfolk. Thetford Police are unhelpful and do not get back to you when you report an incident. They do nothing about illegal vehicles travelling South to Bury St Edmunds they allow them to smash our car mirrors on the way down.

The answer is NO. We do not want the Library taking over the work that the Police fail to do competently and do not want to do. We are moving towards not having a police force at all and allowing the EU psychopaths to take charge. Totalitarian tiptoe must be stopped in its tracks. We do not want psychopaths with no moral conscience making our life on earth Hell. We are controlled by Generational Satanists who care about nothing other than blood rituals and perverting our minds and are corrupt and immoral.