Wausau School Board - Mixed Gender Bathrooms and Locker Rooms

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Wausau School Board - Mixed Gender Bathrooms and Locker Rooms.

2016-09-16 16:18

I believe it is not a wise decision to allow students that are biologically different sexes to share private facilities such as bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers. I have four students enrolled in the Wausau school district and each one would feel uncomfortable if made to change or shower with members of the opposite sex. And, my children have the right to not be forced to do so.

2016-09-16 16:50

To accommodate transgender people is to agree with the concept of biological change by mental means. It is a position that is absurd. It is a further attack on the human family. We should be providing psychological help to these people.

2016-09-16 17:04

I have four children who attended Wausau public schools. They have the right to not have to share private facilities with members of the opposite sex.
Don't do it

#4 Bad idea

2016-09-16 17:10

While I haven't lived in the Wausau area since graduating from Wausau East 24 years ago, this matter is deeply troubling to me.

Allowing mixed gender bathrooms and locker rooms in the public schools is yielding to a minority demographic of highschool students at the expense of what I assume is the comfort level of the majority of highschool students. A proposal to accommodate the request for mixed gender bathrooms/locker rooms shows a lack of respect for traditional family values as well as the comfort level of most students, not to mention it opens the door to potential lawsuits as well as sexual harassment and assault incidents. Why would the Wausau Public School system want to take those risks for a small group of students that this would accommodate, especially since this "orientation" is something that a student could decide on a regular basis to change, depending upon whatever suits him/her at the moment?

I would hope the residents of Wausau would sign this petition realizing that mixed gender bathrooms and locker rooms in the public schools is not only a bad idea, but a potentially dangerous one as well.

2016-09-16 17:54

I care greatly about the well being of the community I grew up in.

2016-09-16 19:37

Why should less than 1% of the population dictate to the rest of the 99% to accept immoral behaviors? Is it to bully their agenda and demand the 99% of the rest of the population- to make "normal "behavior that is immoral, lewd, and unbiblical?

2016-09-16 19:46

In a few years, if this is passed, we will wonder "how did and do all these terrible things happen?" Then you will understand. Is it more loving to protect lives than allow a free-for-all?

2016-09-16 22:12

I agree with it

2016-09-17 02:50

I am a concerned citizen and want separate bathrooms for transgender people. I do not want my grandchildren to live in fear because of this issue.

2016-09-17 13:10

Because we need to protect our kids and what the school board is doing is not based on truth. A person's sex is in their DNA. Decisions need to be based on fact not feelings. A sad slippery slope for our society and education.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2016-09-17 20:31

2016-09-18 02:16

To protect kids and express my beliefs
Kat

2016-09-18 15:38

Most people..  Including children especially..  Want to fit in with who they identify with.   It's a small number of students and i don't see the need to make them feel more singled out.   Create a bathroom area on each floor that is for anyone..  If u don't want to use it go to one marked as boy or girl.   This is being blown up into a bigger issue than it is.   There is plenty of restroom areas to do this.   My children all graduated from west as did i.  I would have zero issues with a transcended person using the same bathroom as me...  I think the districts and parents need to be more concerned about the bullying that is going in 

2016-09-18 23:38

I will pull my children from public schools if boys are able to use girl's restroom or shower.

#15 Segregation

2016-09-20 02:32

This is just another form of segregation, and discrimination founded by pure ignorance. No one here knows or understand what transgender means or the barriers these people have to face everyday.  They are not any less godly nor do they value the family unit any less. They are not pedophiles. They are people - children.  All see is more close minded individuals with small town mentality. This is no different when "colored" people weren't able to attend school with whites or when interracial marriage was illegal. Your children are not at risk of being with a child that identifies as the same gender. Get your head out of your asses Wausau and get educated.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2016-09-20 02:33

#17 Re:

2016-09-20 02:49

#9: -  

In fear of what?

#18 Re:

2016-09-20 02:50

#6: -  

Please quote the bible passage referring to transgender. 

#19 Re:

2016-09-21 04:57

#2: -  

Psychological help!?  Being transgender is not a disease or mental illness!!!  You are the one that needs the help!  Why don't you take your ignorant self and get to know a transgender person!  You are what's wrong with this world! 

2016-09-21 05:03

All of you "biblical" people need to actually read your Bible and stop drinking your churches koolaid!  No one says you have to agree with everything in this world but you are the reason for all the hate in the world!  I totally understand being concerned about this issue with the bathrooms in school but seriously,  being transgender is not a disease or mental illness!  I feel sorry for your children having to be raised in an ignorant household!  Maybe try and get to know a person who is transgender and then maybe you would see the real problem here,  ignorance!  Oh and by the way,  you have all been sharing your bathrooms with transgender people your whole life!  The only reason it's an issue now is because of one of you ignorant jerks !!!

#21 Re:

2016-09-21 05:13

#9: -  

There is nothing to fear except for the ignorance to continuely be passed on!  Get to know a transgender person! 

#22 Re:

2016-09-21 05:17

#14: -  

Just because someone is transgender does not mean they are going to harm your child!  Maybe people should pull their children out of schools for being bullied by children like yours who are taught ignorance instead of acceptance and that everyone is not the same.  Maybe it is better you pull your children out of school! SMDH! 

#23 Re: Bad idea

2016-09-21 17:37

#4: Don't do it - Bad idea 

Being transgender is not something one does as a trend or because they want to for a bit and then change their mind!  Transgender is a real thing!  Educate yourself before trying to make an ignorant post about a transgender person "turning off" their decision. These ignorant posts like this make me furious! 

Rambo

#24 Re: Re:

2016-09-21 22:51

#21: - Re:  

It's not the yransgendered person I fear, ra th her ignorance of stupid people who think it's about yransgendered and not about sexual predators who will use this to get in the opposites gendered bathroom. Stop being so freaking stupid. 

Rambo

#25 Re: Segregation

2016-09-21 22:53

#15: - Segregation  

It's not about yransgendered people you freaking moron!  It's about sexual predators who will use this to their advantage. Stop promoting the hate from the leftist agenda!