Wausau School Board - Mixed Gender Bathrooms and Locker Rooms

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Wausau School Board - Mixed Gender Bathrooms and Locker Rooms.

2016-09-21 23:31

I am in support of creating private one-stall bathrooms for those few children who identify as transgender. I do not support forcing my 7 year old daughter to share a bathroom or locker room with a male teacher or 13 year old boy who shares the same school. I am not saying transgender kids are harmful to other kids, I am saying that allowing this would open the door for predators, in an environment that I am unable to protect her.

2016-09-22 16:30

although I can understand that gender confusion is real, This policy only adds to the confusion. We should treat all students respectfully but not at the loss of privacy to the other 99% of other students.

I have conveyed my feelings to school board president Lance Trollip .

It should be known that although I have a Merrill address, I live in Marathon County and my children attended Wausau schools.

2016-09-22 17:59

This is sad to think we even need to have a petition for this in the first place.

2016-09-22 18:31

Persons born male should go to male bathrooms, lockers and showers...persons born female should go to female bathrooms, lockers and showers. Period. A lot of our society is trying their best to be politically correct all the time which is killing our country. It is on all of us to call a spade a spade and not cow tail to all this manufactured bullshit around us...our country was formed with the free expression of thought for everyone being paramount and one of the main reasons for the success of our country...the way we seem to be going now as a country is we have the free expression of thought only by the liberal minority, who slowly and now more rapidly are getting their way because a good portion of the conservative majority have somehow bought into the political correctness bullshit all around us, and are afraid to express themselves like they should (its called courage by the way), and fall for the easy way out which is called political correctness. All of us, not just the liberal minority, have got to start calling a spade a spade again before the minority take over whatever they next desire because they yell, push and scream hard and get their way while the majority of us take the easy way out. Why don't you show an x-ray of a human back bone at the next school board meeting to see if they get the hint.

2016-09-22 18:40

People born male should go to male bathrooms, lockers and showers...people born female should go to female bathrooms, lockers and showers.

#31 Re: Re:

2016-09-22 20:19

#19: - Re:  

Thank you thank you thank you thank you for calling out this ignorant, horrible individual!

#32 Re:

2016-09-22 20:21

#29: -  

How do you know they have male and/or female reproductive organs? A biologically female individual cound dress as a male and you would never know the difference. Go f*** yourself with your back bone xray. 

2016-09-22 20:28

What's next.........

2016-09-22 22:29

I am concerned for the privacy and safety of the students. It is discriminatory.

2016-09-22 23:57

I think it will help the child who identifies with his/her gender. Their sexuality is such a small piece of who they are as people, so why dwell on it? So what? Move on people!
Elly

#36 Re: Segregation

2016-09-23 00:27

#15: - Segregation  

I agree for the most part, but I can't see why we can't offer family restrooms with shower features to accommodate the boys and girls who are transgender, make no big deal of it, and move on.  

2016-09-23 02:18

Our children should be protected. A gender neutral bathroom, shower, locker room is a better answer. Incidents have occurred that have violated privacy rights and sexual abuse in the news and we do not need to be subject to this.

2016-09-23 14:10

There is no good reason why the miniscule percentage of transgender students should be able to impose this privacy issue on the vast majority. This is, again, political PC going wildly amok & contributing to the moral decline of our country.

2016-09-24 02:14

I want to keep my kids safe.

2016-09-24 07:55

I believe we need to protect all our children from being placed in harms way.  My opinion transgender young people need to have privacy then make bathrooms & shower areas for them alone not let them choose which bathroom or shower they wish to use as all our young people need to be protected.

#41 Re:

2016-09-24 12:32

#13: Kat -  

Thank you for being actually reasonable!!! As a student who currently attends west I would not see any problem with the solution you provided. Showing that we as a school district are denying Transgender children the simple right of going to the restroom comfortably is just teaching our students that these people are not normal and should be alienated from society. We should be showing that Transgender students are no different than us which will set us up to live a life of acceptance even after graduation 

2016-09-24 18:38

I want all children safe in their schools, not only a very small minority. I believe it would be very difficult for many straight students to have an individual with the opposite genitalia in their private locker or bathroom.

2016-09-24 20:35

Accommodation can be achieved with gender-neutral facilities,
not more drastic proposal.

2016-09-25 20:53

To protect our innocent children.

2016-09-25 20:55

Please protect our children.

2016-09-26 06:03

It is beyond reason and places girls at great risk of surely being physically and or emotionally harmed. Are you board members valuing the money over this horrific assault on the girls? Where are the rights and safety cares of the girls in this insane idea? So money is more important than the lives of these young girls? So far, it does NOT seem that all the large sums of money poured into the educational system has improved the educational levels of our children. Rethink YOUR values and how the money will be consumed with no rememberance of where it went, but the girls will be disrupted for the rest of their lives. Please do not put this wicked idea into practice. You are accountable for your part in this and for each life that will be adversely affected. STOP before damage is done.

2016-09-26 12:23

The President's administration, the Department of Education, nor the Department of Justice have the authority to promulgate this rule. It is not law! It IS tyranny!

2016-09-27 15:45

I believe we should keep the bathroom the same as always.

2016-09-29 16:30

I believe this move to be irrational on the part of the Wausau School District. You are either born male or female, not questionable gender. It is inconceivable to me that this is even being considered. Our children/grandchildren should not have to deal with an issue of this magnitude. It is travesty that we have board members that would try to push a policy through that the vast majority of parents/grandparents are opposed to.

I believe it may be time to vote some board members out of office.

2016-09-29 18:20

I am dismayed and grieved that some of Wausau's school board members would be in favor of willingly placing vulnerable children into situations that will be breeding ground for deviant behavior in the years to come. This type of behavior is not to the benefit of our society, and to think that we have individuals in places of power who are attempting to steer this issue is truly sickening. I will be more than happy to elect these board members out of their positions.