Stop the closure of St Blazey Lloyds Bank!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop the closure of St Blazey Lloyds Bank!.

2016-11-13 19:35

They have closed my local branch at Mt Charles ,so I am now going to St.Blazey Branch as it`s more convenient for me every week with very friendly staff & easy parking, where as if I have to go into St Austell branch I would have to park & pay for that one trip to pay in every week the St Austell AOS cash subs which I collect from members ,as I have a disabled daughter who comes with me to St Blazey she is able to stay in the car outside while I bank, but if I had to go to St Austell branch it would mean uploading and pushing her in a wheelchair which would cause her & myself much hardship. Please reconsider renewing the lease as this is a very much used & needed branch for all the local surrounding community

2016-11-14 15:56

It is a vital community resource, when the area has poor public transport, not everyone can visit St Austell, pay car park fees.

2016-11-15 17:29

Bank is within walking distance, and so very handy for paying in. Have visited this afternoon, where I learned of the closure. I visited the Branch as had a problem with a card payment on the Internet and needed to visit a Branch with id to have my card 'unblocked'. I am very angry that Lloyds are even considering this closure, and have they actually visited St Austell branch for accessibility etc? for the older residents who will either have to visit either by car or bus as not within walking distance.

2016-11-16 17:55

Because I use the this bank every week

2016-11-17 15:23

this bank is so very busy - always a queue inside and at cashpoint, always cars blocking station road - only bank in area and it serves the young the mothers the middle aged the elderly and disabled. the staff are so helpful and kind towards people who don't know what they are doing.DONT SHUT THIS BRANCH ITS MADNESS AND YOU ARE DOING THE COMMUNITY A DISSERVICE

2016-11-17 22:50

I have used this bank for years and visit it frequently, St Austell is not really an option, especially as it is now in a less accessible position. Local businesses use the bank and will be greatly inconvenienced if it closes.

2016-11-18 15:45

Banked in stblazey since a boy (58 now) shame it's going lloyds ruled by pencil pushers with no regard for public all about money they say low foot fall ok down scale don't close they just fitted a deposit machine at a cost of 70,000 pounds is there no sanity left .they say mobile bank might come. if you can be at a certain place at a certain time !!! I wish the staff all the best they are great, will move banks if we all did that maybe lloyds listen .what happened to the old world . I know money and profit matters it always has but at what cost.......

#83 Re:

2016-11-18 15:55

Why close think about catchment area fowey,par,stblazey,lostwithiel, all growing population houses being built ,lloyds downgrade don't close branch and you just spent 70,000 on new deposit machine!

2016-11-19 21:12

This is a busy branch not only used by private customers but supported by many local businesses access and parking being easy. Also there a lot of older people in the area who will find it makes life more difficult, I know of several who are not in to computers and distrustful of telephone or on line banking. Also what a waste of money installing the wonderful paying in machine in at the bank although personally I still prefer the personal touch you can't beat a friendly smile and rhetoric at the counter and I'm not quite in my dottage yet!!
Alfie

#85 Stop the closure of St Blazey Lloyds Bank

2016-11-29 08:13

I use this branch regularly, since the St Austell branch moved to its new awkward position.  It is always busy with people who need the physical services of the branch.  I have been a Lloyds customer for decades and the main reason for changing was the local branch at St Blazey.  Please don't shut this branch, I would prefer to keep banking with Lloyds but not with the current position of the bank in St Austell, the traffic congestion and inconvienient parking makes this an imposible proposition.

#86 Lloyd's Bank St Blazey closure

2016-11-29 19:46

I am just one of many local business customers who use this branch. I bank a lot of change and to lug a heavy rucksack through the town from a carpark will be impossible for me to manage. Add to that the time it takes to get through the traffic congestion along the A390 to reach the town centre at any time of year it beggars belief that this busy branch is to close.