Stop plans to build homes on Green Belt at Lye Green Nr Chesham

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop plans to build homes on Green Belt at Lye Green Nr Chesham.

2016-11-19 18:58

I agree 100% with the facts that it is not warranted and will only have detrimental effects on the local area and it's resources.

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2016-11-19 21:02

2016-11-19 21:04

Because Chesham is too overcrowded already

2016-11-19 21:06

I don't think it's right building on land where people have grown up with its a beautiful walk

2016-11-20 06:41

Because I live in the area and the traffic is bad enough now,and it wouldn't be good for the children of brushwood school or others nearby the noise of building work how will they be able to Concentrate and all the dust could mean health problems for them

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2016-11-20 08:12

2016-11-20 08:16

Chiltern council are happy for land to be taken and trees go be cut down. They just turn a blind eye. 

2016-11-20 08:21

ISN'T MOST OF THIS LAND OWNED BY SOMEONE, FARMERS MAYBE??? WHY ARE THEY SELLING IT? EVERYONE NEEDS TO SIGN THIS BUT DON'T THINK IT WILL MAKE AN OUNCE OF DIFFERENCE UNFORTUNATELY. 

2016-11-20 08:31

Whilst I can appreciate that the population is expanding there are other ways to find new homes such as sorting out the 635,000 empty properties in the UK some of which have been empty for over 6 months! Buying of second homes.....depriving locals of affordable housing and in turn shoving the prices up. The houses that are built still wouldn't allow my daughter who will become a teacher soon to buy as they will be too expensive and I am sure most of them will be filled by families coming out of London and not by locals.

#85 Re:

2016-11-20 11:13

#83: -  they are not selling it. The Council proposes to remove Green Belt protection and allocate housing development in it. Once that happens the owners will then be highly motivated to sell!  You are correct in that Signing  this petition will not by itself stop this idea but it WILL help. If you can make a shirt comment to the planning dept by 12 Dec will be greater help and we explain how to do this at www.brownnitgreen.weebly.com .

2016-11-20 11:27

Chesham will just become a sprawling mess. Infrastructure cannot cope now.

2016-11-20 12:22

Chesham will  not be able to cope with 900 new homes.  It does not matter if they are on green belt or brownfield sites, the whole infrstructure is already up to capacity.

2016-11-20 15:08

It's a bad idea to build on the green belt for many reasons. It would be much better to build on brownfield with the existing town.

2016-11-21 14:19

there are enough properties here at the moment

#90 Building of 900 homes

2016-11-22 22:02

Brown belt land should be used prior to Green belt and other sites should be considered within Buckinghamshire that are more suitable. This is going to ruin areas of outstanding natural beauty, effect the culture of the area and the Infrastructure is not fit to support an additional 900 houses. The scale of the project should be reconsidered.

Mr Serious

#91 I dispair

2016-11-25 12:13

Is this the best Chiltern DC can come up with?  They are naive and unprofessional suggesting this idea.  It is just the easy option to stick a pin in that area of open fields, rather than finding a creative solution.  Then come up with a list of arguments to try to justify it.

They are breaking the fundamental values and undermining Public Trust by taking away precious Green Belt land.  Putting unnecessary pressure on Services - Schools, Police, Health, Council etc.  Choosing a site that does not have adequate roads infrastructure.

AND, who the heck came up with the idea of a Gypsy Camp on here too??  And 40% Affordable Housing??  Jeez.  Was this Plan created by the local School Children perhaps as part of their Geography lesson one week?

We need a Qualified Chartered Planning Surveyor to help make a case of objection and challenge the fundamentals.  Seriously.

2016-12-12 11:47

Because I don't want the green spaces in and around the Chesham area to be built on, and more strain put on the current infrastructure.

#93 It is now owned by a Consortium and I believe that Consortium operates from as far away as Australia

2017-10-13 16:05

#83: -  

Phillip Plato
The author of this petition

#94 Re: It is now owned by a Consortium and I believe that Consortium operates from as far away as Austr

2018-02-08 17:26

#93: - It is now owned by a Consortium and I believe that Consortium operates from as far away as Australia 

Not anymore!  The parcel access off Lycrome Road  was sold a few years ago to a company called Geltech Properties Ltd registered in Gibraltar. They own a sizeable piece circa 25% but not the whole site which is still ownered by the farmer, who currently does NOT want to sell it all.