NO Annexing and Rezoning Parcels for Proposed Walmart Strip Mall

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition NO Annexing and Rezoning Parcels for Proposed Walmart Strip Mall.

2013-10-29 17:16

How many Wal-Marts does Rock Hill really need?  Also what about all the noise, traffic and light pollution it brings to our surrounding neiborhoods.  No one is looking forward to another Wal-Mart.

Thad

2013-10-29 18:55

This is not "progress". This is pollution and nuicance. Another Wal-Mart? Absurd. No thank you.
John

2013-10-30 11:10

This section of Celanese Rd. has a lot of high-speed 53' truck traffic. Installing this new traffic light is asking for an accident. With Outlot 1 slated for a gas station, Outlots 2 and 3 are of course slated for fast-food development, which when built out will add to traffic congestion on the site and the highway.

2013-10-31 14:29

This project is not as simple as it looks. It will bring much traffic and development will spin off of it making it even worse. The location is much too close to residential areas. There is ideal space about a mile to the west on Celanese Rd.

2013-10-31 20:19

Not every tree need be cut down and not every parcel of land need be developed. There are more than enough walmarts in the area!

2013-11-01 02:13

too commercial near so many residential properties. A mile down the road would be better.

2013-11-01 13:01

24 hour WalMart will be very harmful to Swan Meadows neighborhood and is not needed there. It will be too close to a great & peaceful neighborhood and will bring noise, smells, light pollution and insecurity.

2013-11-02 13:28

I cannot believe this is even being considered!! First, there is a Walmart 2 miles from this site!! Second, the morning and evening commute on Celanese is a nightmare. People already use alternate routes, one being Ebinport Rd, to avoid Celanese. Third, closing Ebinport Rd would extend the commute to assigned schools and add to the already overburdened intersection at Celanese and India Hook. I totally support progress and would like to see another nice restaurant in the area, but a Walmart here is not progress at all. Whoever proposed this development does not have what is best for Rock Hill in mind.
Say NO to a "Mini"-mart (aka Walmart)

#9 Economic environment cannot support this

2013-11-02 22:10

Rock Hill is trying to improve, but look at the track record this past couple of years. I have noticed many new business upstarts open and close their doors in as little as 6 months. At least 2 strip malls have opened in the past several years just down the street from this proposed building location. All of the spaces have not yet been occupied. Vacant spaces in the older, established strip malls in the immediate area should be compelling testament that there is not currently fiscal strength to support this development.
Brooks

2013-11-03 19:01

This is not the place to build any type of business. Too many neighborhoods involved and School.
Traffic is already terrible on celeneese at peak hours and this will only compound the problem already at hand. Wrong place period!!

2013-11-05 12:53

TOO many walmarts! There is one a few miles away. Don't want the traffic they bring.

2013-11-06 17:36

Traffic is bad add another Red light I will never get home 5:00pm
Moe

#13 Traffic

2013-11-06 17:37

Traffic is bad Celnese road at dinner time

2013-11-06 18:20

Why are they putting in a Walmart about a mile and a half away from an already new Walmart. Why doesn't the city try filling up all of the empty stripmalls on Cherry Road first, before destroying Celanese Road.
Moe

2013-11-06 22:37

The traffic on Celenese road is crazy and bad so you want another big store and red light it takes me 45 mins on Friday night to go 5 miles @ 5: 00 pm. You want road rage just grant Walmart to build!
Not on my Street

#16 Please no WalMart

2013-11-07 03:32

This will be practically in my backyard. There is already enough traffic and noise on Ebinport; this will only add to that, with the loading dock being too close to residential development. We already have a super store just 2 miles away & there are at least 5 grocery stores already easily accessible from this area. If WalMart really wants to open a neighborhood grocery in the area, the original BiLo location still sits vacant on Cherry Road. Make use of what already exists rather than tear down trees and subject a lot of people to noise, light, and air pollution created by this project!
Charlotte

2013-11-25 22:00

I live in Yorktowne Village Apartments. Ebinwood Road and Ebinport Road are already busy here. Traffic would be impossible if a Wal-Mart is built.

2013-12-01 15:47

This proposed walmart will be in a residential neighborhood. Not good

#19 Safety is key

2013-12-05 17:10

When is the general public's safety a concern? The problem is, it is not!!! The current traffic on 161 is terrible as it is now. It takes up to 20-25 minutes to drive from I-77 to Twin Lakes as it is. Adding yet ANOTHER, unneeded, unwanted Walmart will not only add to the horrific drive time but add the potential for many accidents entering and exiting the area.

I'm not a politician, I'm not a city official and I'm not a rocket scientist but even I can see the terrible zoning of this one. Residential on each side of the lot and behind it. Single family homes and apartments right smack in front of it yet. Adding any business let alone a Walmart is the worst idea I've seen in Rock Hill in many years.

2013-12-06 12:54

There is also a Walmart 5 minutes down the road! There is no need for a Walmart 3 minutes closer!

2013-12-07 23:54

We don't want or need any more Walmarts!!!!!!!!!!!

2013-12-09 13:03

There are already 3 Walmart store locations within a 10 mile radius of Rock Hill. There are beautiful gated homes on celense rd, and lots of trees! Don't allow Walmart to contribute anymore to the fall of the housing market.

2013-12-09 13:31

Enough already!

2013-12-15 15:47

The proposed Walmart site is nearly surrounded by residential housing. Celanese Road is a main thoroughfare with much traffic; expecially at certain times of the day when drivers are going to and from work, it can be a nightmare. The proposed traffic light will only add to traffic congestion and backup, further slowing movement of vehicles. The area for large trucks on the site practically abuts the nearby apartments and the Swan Meadows neighborhood. At one of the meetings, the developer made the disingenuous comment that the supermarket would be a place for people to quickly run in for "bread and milk," making it sound like a neighborhood convenience store. Really?

2013-12-19 20:41

Walmart your too damn greedy