BLUE DYKES SURGERY APPOINTMENTS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition BLUE DYKES SURGERY APPOINTMENTS.

2014-04-09 21:22

I have 3 young children and after ringing continuously one morning from 8am for an appointment for my youngest at just 1yr, I rung 113time and by the time I got through there was no appointments left!
tina

#2 Re:

2014-04-13 11:20

#1: -

thank you for your comment, this is why i set this group up to show how many problems this surgary has.

2014-05-21 06:12

Appointments procedure is awful here but, one thing I will say is that if you urgently need to see a GP, I have never been turned away when it's medicals urgent in the eyes of the professionals. Still a poor set up though!!

Anonymous

#4 Re:

2014-05-21 06:50

#3: -

its a poor service, you may not have any problems to get to see a dr but alot of people are having problems, thats why i set this up for my hubby so that when we get 1.00 signatures we are taking further action we are even in derbyshire times tomorrow to try and get the word out.very poor service.

2014-05-22 08:06

Im with blue dykes and think the system is crap never get appointmens my husband is with tupton surgery and if all appointments are takin the doctor rings him back straight away and gives him an appointment dt betts there is brill im thinking of moving me and my children over to them as blue dykes I donot no of a single doctor that I can say is good and trying to get an aappointment is a massive task unless you go on ring back but still that takes hours and same again when you actually get appointment you wait well over your appointment time to be seen

2014-05-22 08:30

i rang up for an appointment a few weeks ago and was told the earliest appointment would be almost three weeks away. It is a good job I was not dying.
michael topley
The author of this petition

#7 Re:

2014-05-22 08:43

#5: -

ok thanks for your comment

2014-05-22 09:39

I completely agree. I was told to book a follow up appointment by the Doctor in 1 - 2 weeks, only to be told by the receptionist that I couldn't get one until 3 - 4 weeks time?! And that was with a doctor I'd never seen before. It's really not good enough, they need to either improve the booking system, stop taking new patients, get more GP's or do something to rectify issues!
michael topley

#9 Re:

2014-05-22 09:40

#8: -

thats basicially what we want 2 happen

2014-05-22 18:04

Another dissatisfied patient! Unable to get appointment when needed within 2 weeks with any Doctor!

#11 Re:

2014-05-22 18:15

#10: -

ty 4 ur comment and will b raising all comments on tues. ty

#12 meeting with blue dykes

2014-05-23 12:05

ok i have been to this meeting to be fair they have explained to me that they are advertising for more g.ps however so far they have only had one applicant they have now got a nurse practitioner which is able to see the patients that are needed to be seen for cough colds etc and have also employed a pharmacist to do medication reveiws etc
they are also looking for younger patients that are willing to express any opinions that could help with improving the surgery so if any of the group members or anyone else that has signed the petition have any opinions or ideas to either post them on here and i will take it to them in person or if you would like to go to the meetings then i will post up the date place and time once i get it through from theyre point of view they understand that everyone is frustrated at the system and they no it is a problem but would like any help we can offer to try and get a better service for us all i have told blue dykes that i will post this up and explained that the petition will be ongoing for the time being until we see results
also i noticed aswell that too many people still dont turn up for appointments and they agreed that this is another big issue so again if you got any ideas please let me know (it needs to be non moaning lol)

2014-05-23 12:40

It stupid u have to ring at 8am by time u get thriugh all appointment gone why carnt u just go in make one afor couplle of days later also having to see doctor for a tablet review is stupid because just wasting a appointment which somone could have that realky need it and if people not turning up for appointments why they still on list

#14 Re:

2014-05-23 13:00

#13: -

i agree y r they still on list? we went 4 a meeting 2day wiv them and found out that the pharmasist can do medication reviews and is at the surgery on tues mornings but we only found that out 2day, we r all not happy thats y i set this up 4 my hubby tell all friends n family 2 sign, get over 1.000 n its then going 2 mp

2014-06-05 15:28

Although nurse practitioners do good work, I feel they are being used as a cheap option either by local surgeries or as a cost-cutting exercise by this government. They are not a satisfactory alternative to a fully trained GP. It would also be desirable to be able to see a doctor who is familiar with your background rather than always being seen by a different nurse or GP.
Stot

#16 Repeat prescription service

2014-06-11 15:47

I requested three items via the on line repeat prescription service. One item was included on the prescription automatically sent to the pharmacy. I had to go back to Bluedykes to 'see' if there was another prescription waiting for me. Luckily there was, but only for 1 item. The third item was missing from the prescription because I had requested it 1 day before the computer at Bluedykes thought I needed another. One reason I use the repeat prescription service is because it is pot luck whether you get through to reception to get an appointment. Now they are putting obstructions in the way with regards of the automated service. On another issue, I am not comfortable with the surgery putting their faith into 'Advanced Nurse Practitioners' instead of GP's. This effectively dumbs down the quality of service provided. The Bluedykes website states that they are having difficulty recruiting GPS, more so, in keeping them due to the very high workloads they are under. This is an own goal as it was the Bluedykes practice that chose to take on the additional patients at Grassmore. It is sad, but I believe that this surgery is in terminal decline, it is probably time to jump ship.
PP

#17 Lack of appointments

2014-06-11 16:18

I was quite happy with the service I received from Blue Dykes until about 18 months ago. Since then, it has become more difficult to book an appointment via the telephone. I have even been down to the surgery in person at 7:45AM and stood outside the surgery in all weathers (along with @ 13 other patients on one occasion) and still I had to see a Doctor I have never seen before. The last time I tried to get van appointment on the day, I had to see one of the 'Advanced Nurse Practitioners' who did not instil me with very much confidence in his abilities. Furthermore, every time you go to the surgery there is a notice up stating how many people failed to make their appointment the previous month. Some time ago, I believe there was a system in play where if a patient did not turn up for 3 appointments they would be removed from the surgery's patient list. Every month, the poster states that @ 30 hours of appointments are missed. This cannot help those who desperately need to see the doctor. Why can't the 3 strikes system be reinstated, after all, if you fail to attend an appointment at the hospital, you are told that you will be removed from their list.

michael topley

#18 Re: Lack of appointments

2014-06-11 18:27

#17: PP - Lack of appointments

thanks for your comments this is why we decided to do this petition it is not fair how things are and they was a good surgery before the 3 strike system is allegadely still in situ but according to blue dykes they send warning letters but they say by the second they turn up so they cant remove them but we  think if the person turns up by the second then the same person is a no show at a later time then that should mean remove but it doesnt

#19 Re: Re:

2014-08-05 10:27

#20 Re: Repeat prescription service

2015-01-13 10:06

#21 Re: Repeat prescription service

2015-01-22 19:13

#22 Re: Re: Repeat prescription service

2019-01-03 12:21

#21: - Re: Repeat prescription service 

It's emma Shepherd please cud I see a doctor today as im ill and need my tablets