Stop electronic cigarette prohibition in New York

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop electronic cigarette prohibition in New York.

2014-04-04 23:34

I can believe that others in NY thinking ecigs or vaping is soo harmful. I was a smoker for 22 years and most of them while living in NY. I have been 100% tobacco and nicotine free fro over 6 months from Vaping. As for Children getting a hold of nicotine.. A parents need to keep it out of harms way like cough syrup or bleach. Most e-juice caps are not that easy to get off. so it smells good. Onles you keep gallons of the stuff around and 99% of us dont .. the tiny bits that are in the bottle arent gonna harm them. Leave us alone.. Just let us vape. we can agree to the same rules of where we can and cant. You people in office in NY Bitched about smoking... you raised the taxes liek hell... NYS has that stop smoking program.. etc and here you have a safer alternatives to analog cig and you want to stop on that too.. Well maybe drug testing and alcohol consumption amongst our politician in ny be a concern. I can go on forever... but really. IT doesnt not need to be over taxed. Regulations are fine, but let us stop smoking in a way that helps us

2014-04-04 23:57

I lived in NY for the first 32 years of my life. All of my family is still in NY. It was bad enough when I visited NY and had to pay more than double for a pack of smokes, now the state of NY wants to tell me that I'm basically no longer welcome in the state of my birth because I choose to vape? Laws like this, that have zero proof behind them, that are simply because certain politicians aren't getting their pockets lined like they were with the tobacco lobby, are just one of the reasons I left NY for friendlier locales. I hope this law is voted down and that people realize how much the state wants all your money and to control every aspect of your lives.

2014-04-05 00:04

Help keep New Yorkers on the right track and help them stop smoking. I'm Proof.

2014-04-05 01:02

There's no evidence that electronic cigarette devices cause harm when used as directed by adults and when you consider that we KNOW cigarettes are killing hundreds of thousands of people whether by their own personal choice, second hand, or by fires started by accident and lighters landing in the hands of children every day, it just doesn't make sense (at all) to ban something that has helped thousands literally kick a smoking habit that they've tried to kick a dozen times unsuccessfully. That's counting people who have tried cold turkey, used patches, gum, lozenges, prescription medications, and even hypnosis and psychotherapy. It's time the government allow adults to have the freedom to choose what they are "allowed" and "permitted" to put in their own bodies. We can vote for the Presidency, fight in wars, drink alcohol, and smoke cigarettes which are known to cause cancer and a myriad of other health problems, but seem to be unable to decide to use an electronic device that delivers nicotine with all pharmaceutical and/or FDA approved ingredients individually. Leave the vaping community alone.

2014-04-05 01:39

It has the same ingredients in fog fluid and this is just ridiculous! These legislators need to be replaced!

2014-04-05 01:42

It is incredibly ridiculous when money has more importance than human life. This is all because we have chosen a better way of life and they do not like it. This is because they do not like that they are losing money.

2014-04-05 01:44

i quit smoking in december 2013 i was a 4 pack a day smoker broder line copd and ensamza coughing all the time making myself really sick and now since i started e cigs i nolonger cough or get sick i breath 100 0/0 better now when ask a top lung ang heart doctor in tampa florida told me yes to e cigs that they or safer and healthier than cigerrettes vape on and vape strong
ladygadget

2014-04-05 02:55

I was a 33 year smoker. My mother died of lung cancer from smoking. Finally, there is an alternative to smoking. And, just for the record, I'm in the process of decreasing my nicotene as well. If you want to make standards for safety, I'm all for that. But a total ban is irresponsible. Please do some research and don't just jump on the fear bandwagon. Please use your common sense. In anyone's reasonable opinion, vaping is monumentally safer than smoking. And all of us agree that none of the e-cigarette products should be marketed or sold to anyone under 18. Unlike cotton candy alcohol beverages, for example.

I'm feel better, I'm healthier, I'm happier. Please allow the FDA to determine the proper quality controls. And one last thing, vaping is not a tobacco product. There is no combustion of dry matter. And no tobacco involved. And it's just as safe as pharma NRT's and I'm betting much more effective in quitting tobacco products.

2014-04-05 04:33

WTF!?!?! NO!

2014-04-05 05:55

Us ex smokers have the right to an alternative. The people that leave their liquid within reach of their children are at fault along with the people that misuse the liquid is stupidity and negligent on their part. I have stopped smoking because of this with no side effects along with a lot of other people who have been smoking for 30 years. It's more beneficial than not. LET US VAPE!!!

2014-04-05 06:58

I think it is even foolish we are not allowed in some places to use these things like coffee shops like starbucks etc

2014-04-05 09:22

I was a 42yr smoker and nothing seemed to reduce my craving for nicotine ...patches,gums lozenges nothing until I started vaping. I am happy to say that I've now been smoke free for over a whole year and feel much better. This law would severely impact people who are trying to kick cigarettes.

2014-04-05 09:41

Take away something I love based on scare tactics...

2014-04-05 09:51

These people don't make any sense , they really don't do any investigations , they just see smoke instead of the vapor it is and they freak and that's all these bans are about.
Sick of the Stupidity

#15 Time to take back the power

2014-04-05 11:42

This is ludicrous. After being a pack a day smoker for over 25 years, I was able to quit in about a week. 3 months TOBACCO FREE and counting. To penalize an industry and the many people helped by their products, primarily due to bad parenting (leaving e-liquids in children's reach) is as equally idiotic as banning bleach that smells like roses (I fully expect if this passes, that ALL food & cosmetic & other household items that contain Propylene Glycol and/or Vegetable Glycerine be banned as well!) Unless, of course, your primary reason for banning these juices is due to the nicotine, in which case, I fully expect that ALL products containing nicotine (cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, nicotrol inhalers, "patches" ETC, will be banned as well) Because, as we all know, prohibition always works. Get your facts straight before you pass any law that actually harms people's health and shortens their lives, as many who have been able to quit will run right back to smoking cigarettes if they cannot vape... or is that your true agenda?

2014-04-05 12:41

I think with the ban of a substance that is not indeed harmful to others, Our government is now going to be open to banning other non harmful acts like holding hands in public, kissing, skipping, singing.. just to name a few.

2014-04-05 14:36

Ecigarettes are not only a safer alternative to smoking, but have also been an economic booster! It seems like every media outlet and crackpot doctor is coming out fearmongering about them. I agree there should be some regulation, such as certain standards for what is used in the e-liquid, and that those under 18 shouldn't be allowed to purchase them. Other than that, LEAVE THEM ALONE! I'm 6 months tobacco free, and I feel great! As far as the ingestion issue, it's simple. On the labels of the ejuice I use, it says, "Contains Nicotine keep out of reach of children" with a childproof cap. Simple solutions people. Use your brains, not your fear.

2014-04-05 14:52

Krisztián Pifkó Said it best! "if they regulate electronic cigarettes to the borders of uselessness and beyond, then they violate our rights. Our right for freedom of choice, our right for life, our right for health. And the way they are doing it, without assessing the impacts, without consulting with the masses involved, purposely overlooking legal problems, ignoring and bending scientific evidences, this is a shame and an outrage"

#19 WOW

2014-04-05 14:53

This concept has helped so many people rid themselves of cigarettes and the 4000 toxic chemicals that go with them. If the government is truly trying to reduce health care then why would they take away such a viable solution? I personally vape and quit smoking after 23 years and would agree that there needs to be more studies on e-fluids... However, i'd like an explanation why I can breathe better, taste foods again, have my sense of smell back, not cough and hack every morning and have more energy? I also save about $50 a week not buying cigarettes... is that the real issue????

2014-04-05 15:19

This bill is based on hysteria - not fact. I expect more (or even the minimum) from our elected officials.

2014-04-05 15:24

I live in Tennessee but I do not want to see any state ban ecigarettes. I just hope people from other states would do the same for mine. To ban them I'd unfair and unjust. There are plenty more harmful things that everyone use on a daily basis than ecigs.

#22 Poison Control

2014-04-05 15:31

If you feel compelled to mention the amount of calls the poison control center has received regarding e-fluid and nicotine plus don't stop there. There are more cases and calls where children have actually eaten cigarette's. Leave cigarette's, e-fluid, bleach or ajax laying around and there is a good chance a 3 year old is going touch it. As far as injecting nicotine... you just can't control some peoples stupidity! I'm curious as to what type of (any) fluid you'd purchase from any store that is safe to "inject"?

#23 Re: Poison Control

2014-04-05 16:05

#22: Guest - Poison Control

I was a pack a day smoker for 30 years, until I had to quit, I was diagnosed with cancer of the lymph nodes (Hodgkin''s Lymphoma) even though I didn't have lung cancer, I had to quit. Thank goodness the electronic cigarette and vaporizers came out. I've been vaping for almost a year and I get my oral fixation. I managed to decrease my nicotine intake from 24mg to 12mg, eventually, I would like to go to 0mg, but these electronic vaping devices are the best invention.

2014-04-05 16:25

E-Cig has actually been helping my family quit smoking and allowed to be around me after they have used the e-cig. I have Buerger's disease and can not be around smoke or touch anything after you have smoked and touchéd it.

2014-04-05 16:38

Vaping is safer than cigarettes. This bill in NY is nothing more than the last gasps of the big tobacco industry trying to stop change.