JUSTICE TO DISMISSED TUTOR

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition JUSTICE TO DISMISSED TUTOR.

2014-04-17 19:21

If this is the way that Unite treat someone who has been supportive and a fantastic role modal not just to me but all my members, then I will drop out of the Union and join something else. I have been a part of a union for over 30 years and I don't think I have ever felt betrayed like this before. I would walk over hot coals for this inspirational man a true leader a brother and some like me believes in the right thing for everyone. unite I am so disappointed with you

2014-04-17 20:45

Unite you are treading thin line if the rank and file membership and foot soldiers are to be treated this way the union has been Martyn's life all I have to say to the union is shame on you, I have held a union card for 36 years and will look for another democratic membership remember the unions strength is its membership and are OUR interests being looked after ?

2014-04-18 12:45

I can't believe that Unite should treat an employee in this way, yet as a union they campaign against Zero Hour Contracts.

2014-04-18 12:53

I have known Martyn for many years and have always found him to be a man of high integrity and principle led. This man is needed on the team of Unite Tutors and that he should be reinstated as a matter of urgency, for the good of all.

2014-04-18 20:18

All the things Unite stand for as a union have a double meaning. Blacklisting and Zero Hours, Unite do. In public Unite present they are anti but in reality they do it. The treatment of Martyn is a disgrace and Unite really should review what it has done. I have been a member for many years and must question where Unite are at and whether I continue, if this is the way they treat it's members. I have known Martyn many years and is a loyal and committed trade unionist and does not deserve to be treated this way.

2014-04-21 22:48

The actions of Unite in this particular case is nothing more than an absolute diabolical masquerade of double standards, deceit, and a campaign to oust one of it's most loyal servants. The only logical conclusion that can be made from this sorry affair is that there must be a hidden agenda fuelling the decision. Martyn inspired me to join Unite, a union supposedly interested in the welfare of it's members at their workplace. His treatment at this very workplace is making me reconsider that decision. They need to remember the very principles and foundations they have built upon in this case.

2014-06-24 13:51

This situation is ironically like a role play that we might expect in a Unite training session - except in this case Unite is the playing the part of the clueless employer?!

2014-06-27 07:22

All the steward courses I have been on was with Martyn and as long as I remain a steward I doubt if I will find a better more dedicated steward than him.

2014-06-27 17:09

Martyn Reuby is an excellent tutor. I have completed several courses with Martyn and gained great benefit as a Unite Representative from his teaching and practical experience of Industrial Relations and Workplace issues. I am shocked and appalled by Unite's behaviour, they really should know better!

2014-06-30 22:02

Martyn is a great tutor, it appears the union are getting rid of one of their best adverts for belonging to a trade union, he gave me loads of info & confidence to be a steward.
Jeff Goodsell

#11 Fair treatment for all !!!

2014-07-01 03:05

I do not know the history of all this - I suspect office politics or clash of personalities (?). All I do know is that Martyn is a great tutor; I know him through the courses I have attended which he tutored and that he inspires people and gives them confidence; disputes like this can rip a Union apart at a time when we should all be united and working together for the common good and not participating in 'in fighting'; and finally, as a UNITE member he deserves the common courtesy of an explanation and right of reply !!! Shame on all concerned ...

2014-07-02 18:41

I have had the pleasure of having Matryn as a tutor on several courses in the South East. Not only does he teach you the course, he makes it interesting and real. I have come away from these courses not only having learn t, but full of confidence and feeling i can represent my members to a far greater extent. Why a Democratic Union? dismisses an asset to the education dept baffles me. He should be REINSTATED IMMEDIATELY.

2015-06-16 14:00

I feel that Martyn has been unfairly treated and that the conduct of the union is very unbecoming of a democratic institution. Appalled.