Downtown Port Elgin Parking on Goderich St.

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Downtown Port Elgin Parking on Goderich St..

2014-04-21 18:54

I very much dislike driving in downtown Port Elgin because it is so busy and unorganized. Pedestrians and vehicles seem to just be all over the place and it is always so crowded that you never know when something bad is about to happen.

2014-04-22 11:31

No parking down town is a complaint I get almost everyday.

2014-04-22 11:36

Why are decisions like this made without asking the people most affected, it's ridiculous.

2014-04-22 12:04

You want people to support the town by shopping, but you take away the parking. I have never been in a small town that has so little parking. First you put in the stupid parking lanes now you are eliminating more parking.

2014-04-22 12:43

Removing parking places downtown only encourages people NOT to support our local shopping community.

2014-04-22 13:55

I already find it more difficult to find parking downtown since the town reduced parking spaces recently. I go to the bank, drugstore, coffee shop, and health centre on a regular basis and with no parking I am almost forced to take my business elsewhere. It's bad enough before tourist season, I can't imagine the difficulty this summer.

2014-04-22 23:39

Understanding the desire to provide more pass through traffic via the left hand turning lanes, the reduction in parking spaces is a definite detriment to main street shopping. Gone are the days that pass through traffic will be stopping to shop in Port Elgin - no visible parking spaces, no pass through shoppers. This is not to mention the local seniors or others with illness needing to get to the pharmacy to pick up necessary prescriptions and having to walk distances to get there......not good

2014-04-23 02:56

The removal of the parking spaces was a bad idea from the start.. The left turning lane at Goderich and Green has someone parked in it all the time. Cannot believe there hasn't been a major accident yet right between CIBC and Beckers shoes...

Anonymous

#9 Re:

2014-04-28 19:27

#1: - Thank you for your comments. The Council meeting to decide if parking will be re-instated is tonight at the Port Elgin Plex at 7:30pm.  Please come out and show your support.

Anonymous

#10 Thanks for all your support and comments

2014-04-28 19:28

The Council meeting to decide if parking will be re-instated is tonight at the Port Elgin Plex at 7:30pm. Please come out and show your support.