Signature Campaign: Protest the Attack against Carlos the Jackal

Turkish People
The author of this petition

/ #28 COLOMBIA’S NARCO-TERRORISTS AND FARC

2011-02-19 04:57

The second tour of Colombian presidential elections has been completed recently and Juan Manuel Santos who was the Minister of Defence in the period of the previous president Alvaro Uribe has been elected as the new president.

Juan Manuel Santos is from “Santos” family, in other words, oligarchic family that are settled in Bogota, originally Spanish, white, deep rooted, influential and rightist. One of the elders of the family, Eduardo Santos, had been the president in late 1930s (1938-1942) and founded the most important newspaper of that period of Colombia, El Tiempo, which was a conservatist newspaper.

The new president has a characteristic that deviated from his family traditions. What I mean is that he has a political attitude which turns towards where the wind blows through: sometimes rightist, sometimes leftist, and then rightist again. One thing that never changes is that he is an active element of a corrupt structure. Furthermore, he was the direct responsible for the murder of Commander Raul Reyes, who was FARC’s foreign relations consultant and political spokesman, during an air attack mounted by Colombian and American air forces against Equador at the period of his Defense Ministry. In short, an outlaw has become a president.

Colombia has another significance for me personally. My grandfather, that is, my mother’s father lives in the border area of Colombia. Therefore, we went to Colombia every year in my youth, and we did shopping there since it was cheap. I had extremely brave and serious Colombian comrades there. You cannot imagine how brave the Colombian communist guerillas were, who came to the east of Venezualla to fight voluntarily in early 1960s. We, the Venezuelan communists were all coming from colleges, but those Colombian comrades were originally from villages and better than us. Moreover, they were real communists in terms of ideological formation. Their parents and the parents of their parents were guerillas, too. Therefore, this ideological structure inherited as a family tradition had enabled them to have a certain level of cultural formation on Marxist classics. They were so disciplined and organized whereas we, Venezuelans, did not have those characteristics.

Anyway, the revolutionary struggle will go on in Columbia, and these narco-terrorists and puppets of America will be defeated. And, I hope we and all the world will see Commander Salih Mirzabeyoglu coming to power in Turkey with the support of the masses.