Signature Campaign: Protest the Attack against Carlos the Jackal

Turkish People
The author of this petition

/ #30 EGYPT WILL EXPLODE

2011-02-19 04:58

I will tell you something. The Egyptian regime is going to pay a very very heavy price for the role they played about Gaza. I think, when President Mubarak has disappeared –his health isn’t good and his time is short now-, the regime will completely lose any kind of its historical stickability. Don’t forget that Mubarak was a war hero. He was a Nassirite, an Arab nationalist, so all this will be lost then.

Therefore, maybe, they will try to bring some open-minded people from the West, for example, the former director of the Atomic Energy Organization. They are going to bring him back to Egypt to be elected as president. By the way, he is a good man; not a revolutionary but a decent man, you know, an honest man, not an agent as well. But the idea why the West supports this man is following:

They, the West, are afraid that there will be a revolutionary explosion and a civil war in Egypt. If this happens, I mean the army, don’t forget that the army is a popular army. Of course, I’m talking about the soldiers.

(Translated from Turkish to English by Sule Koman.)