Petition for the immediate withdrawal of the Licensing Regime

/ #199

2013-06-06 04:54

Give us back our freedom of choice(to read, to discuss, to share news,opinions etc)in the SG-blogosphere... because this is basic human right.The Singapore Nation is not just a physical space controlled by SG-PAP govt through MDA, or whatever fancy ministry created by PAP.... it is the collective emotions, ideologies, culture & value systems of all human beings who stake a claim on this young nationhood- whether born & bred there, or adoptive (choose SG as permanent country of choice) or marginalised peoples whose hearts & minds are still with SG... : only the websites and blogosphere can unite all such peoples throughout this world. When PAP puts such licensing control over this dynamic flow of information & opinion-sharing, SG-PAP has detracted from its constitution , which is to guarantee freedom of communication and upholding human rights. The human psyche cannot be controlled in any way - where there is a will, there is a way for political rights to exist.
The 60% who voted PAP in : today you think you can muffle them - tomorrow, PAP will have no followers to muffle.. because you have lost their trust in you.

An Egyptian-Australian orthopaedic-surgeon(he operated on my daughters feet for bunion correction in Sydney) , he told me last Dec.. :whenever he visits SG, he feels so sad for this young nation, once full of promise, but now "a country without a soul". He said that my first PM is the only man in this world, to have founded a nation but destroyed it, within his own lifetime. What a pity - what great sorrow for her people!!!!!