Keep Thundercracker Exclusive and Recall the Impostor

Elias Weskerson

/ #1

2011-03-24 08:55

I am not trolling, just got on here. Thanks for backing a fellow transfan up guys (sarcasm). I couldn't expect you all to understand. I am very upset over Dirge and Thrust as well but TC always had more of a special place in my heart. Where will it end? If they revive Animated will Motormaster be next? That's my point lend your support or don't cry when it happens. I'll be on here again tomorrow for some civilized discussion, don't bother if you can't abide. I am the real Elias, accept no substitutes.

I see that resentment has been building here since my last post. I'm truly sorry for what you feel about this but this is for the good of all of us collectors. Greedy corporations should not be allowed to screw with our rights as consumers!

I have consulted with my lawyers and we will continue filing the lawsuit. I have also contacted Hasbro regarding this matter and they should face their responsibilities and stop sending back patronising replies. Here's what I sent them:

Dear Hasbro,
This is Elias Weskerson. I've contacted you in the past regarding my concerns about my Games of Deception exclusive set which I bought from Botcon 2007 and how the release of Generations Thundercracker is seriously hurting the value of said set. From our past correspondences I have not been satisfied by your replies. I am now contacting you to let you know that I am now pursuing legal action against this gross disrespect on your part of my right as a faithful consumer and devoted Transformers fan.

And to make matters clear I'm not interested in selling back my set. This fight is not just about money but principles. Corporations should respect consumer rights and your loose understanding of the concept of "exclusive" clearly offends and disrespects us loyal fans.

The fact of the matter is the Botcon set was promised as an exclusive set and your release of the same characters in the mass market is a huge betrayal for us who spent hard-earned money in this hobby. This is false marketing and we collectors feel duped by this dishonest act.

It is still not too late to make things right.

Sincerely,

Elias Weskerson