Keep Thundercracker Exclusive and Recall the Impostor

Spud

/ #24

2011-03-25 04:41

Elias, stop pretending like you're a huge martyr here. It's a fucking toy. Contrary to what you think, Hasbro had no intention or plans to release a mass-retailer Thundercracker/Dirge/Thrust when they did BotCon 2007. The reason they let FunPub do them in the first place was because they didn't know if they were going to have the opportunity to revisit classics, so they just let them do it so people would at least have the others in some capaacity. Guess what? They had the opportunity to do it later. And out of respect for those that attended BotCon, Hasbro gave Dirge and Thrust new wings, and all three of them a new paintjob. They didn't maliciously plan this out in advance. If anything, this was an instance of neglecting to plan 4 years ahead. And frankly, that's not worth getting your panties in a wad.

Seriously, all you're doing is just trying to keep other like me from getting a Thundercracker without busting my bank account. This isn't about you. This is about the thousands of fans like hat entered the fandom after the movies came out. I'd like to pay $12 for one instead of forking over $250+ for an exclusive. You're one of an insane few. Very few people that have the BotCon set are upset about this. Most of them had a good chuckle over it, and responded with a "oh well". All you're doing is shooting the fandom in the foot and giving us all a bad name.