Hands Off Hartlebury Common

steve mccarron
The author of this petition

/ #113 Re:

2011-06-24 19:41

#112: -

First of all, the council were forwarned specifically by e-mail  that we were going to take the fence down and that they should contact the police with their title of ownership, or to say categorically that they owned the common. This was addressed to Tom Pollard, the councils legal representative. There was an exchange of comunication at this time, he was aware of the position and tried again to warn us off with fraudulant claims to title.

Subsequentley, when the police did turn up that evening, they had been informed by the council. However, they had not been notified of ownership. We were not arrested, not cautioned and after a conversation they were stisfied that it was a civil matter as they had not been provided with any proof of ownership by the council.

Subsequentley, we were issued injuctions to prevent us "Interfering with or taking down the fencing"

If they had title it would have read. " To stay away from the common and associated property owned by Worcestershire county Council, not to interfere with any physical property therein"

This after we took down 250 yards of fencing!

On the 6th of july at 12.30 we will be at kidderminster county court for the hearing into this matter. You are welcome to come along to hear how your council has lied and decieved its way all along to create a cash cow out of public property.

I have read the documents you sent me relating to ownership and I am sorry to say that they disregard very real and rights of protection in this land for our commons under the guise of conservation or the enviroment and therefore have no real value.

This will be proved in court and the whole mess will start to come apart.

Thank you for taking the trouble to send a considered question, I would always prefer to give a considered answer. I do not want to fall out with any one but please believe me, the public are being decieved

Steve