Hands Off Hartlebury Common

steve mccarron
The author of this petition

/ #119 Money

2011-06-25 01:54

the rio earth summit of 1993 was attended by most developing and developed countries. It was to address the problem of mans impact on the eviroment. The key issues were how to mitigate this damage. It was decided that monies donated by the world bank and donor nations would go into a fund to subsidise or help attendees to preserve natural habitats in natural enviroments, ie blue fin tuna in the pacific, the wildlife and ecology of the rainforests etc etc. This would address the problem of exploitation by giving cash to countries to explore sustainable means of reliance on nature.
In this country we were one of the fastest claimants quoting the preservation of heathland as endangered places and species therein. Money would be available as an on going fund to uphold these places.
This is not in accord with the priciples of the Rio aggrement, however by placing cattle on these sites a claim of sustainable bio diversity could be made, in other words a tie in with the need to manage sites up and down the country. That is why, even in Richmond park, all of a sudden cattle are seen as a panacea for ecology.
And of course all this wildlife needs management and observation. So, all of a sudden, huge rafts and tiers of people start to get involved. Consultants, consultant ecologists, consultant tree experts, defra and all there officials, inspectors, rangers and uncle tom cobbley and all. Heaths are brilliant, they do not exist natrually, or so we are told, so therefore they need to be managed for ever and I do mean for ever. Ongoing reporting to qualify for the monies on every aspect of so called natural enviroments is on going but the smoke and mirrors is that they are not natural habitats or enviroments.
That is why without hesitation the exact same blueprint is rolled out. Splitting public opinion and engaging in deliberate and misguided policy. ie, subversive behaviour not befitting public office.
The fences go in, then the cattle and public opinion is quashed, the same story, time and time again, a pattern of behaviour which is strangeley coincidental
Hartlebury Common is just a cash machine, trust me, I have seen it all before.

Steve