Save the CNA

Shari

/ #36

2014-08-27 17:15

I have two daughters in the program at Evans High School.  One is a freshman in the Intro to Health class and the other is a senior that has already taken the Intro class and is now in her clinical class.  Both girls, as well as their father and I, are extremely upset about this decision that the county made. Why make the change now after the school year has already started and the students have already started studying for the previous program. We believed this money that we have dished out for all the tests, supplies, scrubs, etc. was being well spent and that they were actually going to get something out of this program. 

Now, what kind of job will they be able to get? EKG certified? There are NO jobs these students can get with only this certification.

Certified Medical Assistant?  Again no jobs!  There are several people that have taken this course and gotten certified to only find themselves searching with no hope in site. 

This change has also caused an uproar within the classes and now the students and teachers are so upset over this ridiculous change that they can't focus on anything else.  Why weren't the parents of these students and even the students themselves given a chance to voice their opinions/thoughts on this change? 

I am an RN and I definitely value the CNAs that I work with. We need more well trained individuals in this field.  Come on Columbia County, do the right thing!  Save the CNA!!!