KEEP THE WOODBRIDGE VILLAGE CENTER, IRVINE!

Walkablecity

/ #35

2014-09-25 18:25

Redmond, Wa had a great example of a family friendly community mall. Crossroads Redmond. Perfect place to visit on into the evening with little kids on up. So many ways we were drawn there and lingered ...1/2 priced book store, coffee shop, remote library, live entertainment, public market restaurants(diverse authentic ethnic foods), cheaper version of color me mine, candy/snack store, coin operated ride-ons, games store hosting board/card games, Hallmark, Old Navy, Party City, Bed Bath. Irvine needs a small walkable place where kids/tweens are safe to practice some independence and or money matters within parents view. They had staffed remote community police office with pamphlets on all topics of safety.  We had so many family meet ups there.  Grandparents easily roamed with grandchildren allowing parents to steal date moments.  I popped back on their website and it looks greatly expanded from 2006.  I'm very pro community after growing up with early Bay Area nostalgia and then having lived and traveled around the world.  We are all displaced from our families or original towns where we grew up.  A place to feel connected with other people is what a community center builds. I wondered if naturally friendly people congregate there or do you become friendlier there?