Saanich EDPA

Lee Green

/ #45

2015-08-23 22:31

I have been finacially harmed in a material way by these regulations that were snuck past the taxpayers of this municpality. My property has been expropriated and I have had no compensation. I have had a "rock" on my property declared to be coastal bluff therefore extending EDPA zone an additional 10m beyond the 15m zone from the foreshore. In another dealing with the EDPA I have had land extorted from me in the middle of my property in order to do a "deal" be able to replace a formal english garden with a driveway to get to my house. I have had to plant $15,000 of native plants ripping out existing non-native garden as a part of this "deal".

The icing on the cake is a survey that I need to fill out and return to the very department that enforces these rules. Kinda like Kim Jong-un of north Korea sending me a survey asking me how I feel about his rule. If one speaks their mind how would you be punished when trying to get a development permit?

Enough is enough! People have been financially harmed. Most taxpayers aren't even aware of what has happened. Its time we change that. Thank you to all who are leading the charge.