Saanich EDPA

/ #50

2015-10-29 07:09

We have had several bad experiences with Saanich with regards to diseased protected Arbutus trees in our back yard. Saanich  was very difficult and smug in dealing with these trees. It was clear to myself and my neighbour the very poor condition and dangerous conditions this  tree presented to my home and my neighbours home. Saanich forced us to hire an independent arborist to asses the tree (almost $400 out of pocket) then submit the findings to them, at which point Saanich would make the final decision. Well, Saanich refused to allow us to remove that one tree and during the next heavy wind storm that tree was blown down on to my neighbours fence and deck. Thank god it didn't kill anyone. I called Saanich the next day and told them I was going to start removing the tree and the mess. I was told that I could not touch the tree until an assessor came out to view the site. I took a lot of pictures of the fallen tree and the damage it made. Sure as shit, a Saanich person was out the next day to view and document the damage. I showed him picture after picture and by the 4th photo, he couldn't seem to get of my property fast enough !!!! Totally unrealistic bunch of  robots........