Reinstate Elvis' name on the "USS Arizona"

FoxyElvis

/ #377 Re: Re:

2016-03-30 23:43

#376: FoxyElvis - Re

Mr. Elvis Aaron Presley was very proud of his contribution to the Memorial Elvis visited the site on 15th August 1965 & placed a 5 foot high wreath there, in the shape of a bell. It had1,177 carnations, one for each man lost in the air-raid on Pearl Harbour,on the 7th December 1941.

Elvis visited the memorial in Hawai`i again, in May 1968.

Elvis gave a benefit concert on the 25th March 1961 at Bloch Arena at the US Navy Base. Elvis & his Father Mr.Vernon Presley bought their own tickets. $64,000 was raised...which pushed the benefit over the top for the necessary funds.

Elvis was bestowed with gratitude & appreciation on behalfof all the Hawaiians for his services in helping to raise the funds needed for the memorial.

In 1980, the National Park Services took control of the USS Arizona Memorial from the US Navy, and they removed the plaque that mentioned Elvis`contribution.

Years later Elvis Fans campaigned for a copy of the Proclamation to be put on display at the Centre. Surely they must know, that without Elvis, there would be NO Arizona Memorial.

Many petitions were circulated, but were ignored.

It has been over forty years; since Elvis`Benefit concert  raised  funds, which allowed this project to begin. Elvis always supported good causes, especially one so patriotic & uncontroversial.

Having seen Elvis in concert many times in Las-Vegas,Long Beach & in Lake Tahoe. I came to know him as a great humanitarian and a proud American.

Elvis had a great Love for Hawai`i  and the Hawaiians , and his personal involement with The USS Arizona Memorial.

During my visit to Honolulu in December 2008, I was dismayed to see that the plaque has not been replaced.

Please restore Elvis`plaque to its rightful place, to honour Elvis`Memory & love for his countrymen.

Ms. Loretta Marie Sanchez  Rodrigues.

Aloha Nui Loa!