56 Bradford City fire victims of 1985

Quoted post

Ben

2014-04-15 17:01

Why are we trying to compete with Hillsborough?
Honestly for the past few days I've heard nothing but 'how come Liverpool get a national mention but we never do'
We have our silence and rememberance at Valley Parade before our last home game, and also at Town Hall on the 11th. That's the way Bradford has always remembered, that's the way many Bradford City fans want it, that's the way many of the families want it.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, sometimes it is just too raw to have it thrown down throats and highlighted by the media. Hillsborough is different in every way, and that's because of the families fight for justice.

Ben - Bradford City fan.

Replies

#36 Re:

2014-04-15 18:49:18

#30: Ben -

Respect to your comments Ben , but i don't think this is a compete with Hillsborough petiton , the football world shouldn't forget those who perished that day .

The city of Bradford will always remember in their own dignified way , so a minutes silence is the least the rest of us can give to remember the 56 .

Anonymous

#94 Re:

2014-05-08 19:46:25

#30: Ben -

Hi Ben i respect what you are saying but i am not trying to compete with Hillsborough. yes i understand we have our silence at our last home game but i lost family that day which i never meet and all i have heard from fans is them mocking the fire maybe the FA need to sort this out with it been our 30th year next year its time we got the backing from them and from all the football clubs in all the leagues and no we have never blamed anyone but football is about coming togther other clubs remember going to a game and the listening and watching us on the news it doesnt just effect us but everyone who saw it that day.

RIP 56 Always with us never forgotten