#bringbackyoun9y

Quoted post

psychoticfox

2014-07-12 19:06

Let us also think, for a moment, of where Youn9y has come from. Those of you who have read his lifestory in his inspiring book will understand this. Having been let down and basically 'shat-on' by certain previous employers, Alan spent many years in a very dark place and was , not too manyyears ago on the brink of ending his own life. Such was his pain and despair. His work on radio Leicester has given Alan a new chance to shine and a worthwhile purpose. I hate to think of how Alan is feeling right now, pretty bloody awful , i should imagine.You only had to listen to his punditry and commentary to know exactly what his work meant to him, and he relayed those feelings of worth, pride, honour and total enjoyment out to all of us listeners on air with every comment he made. This wasnt just a job for Alan, it WAS a part of his life, and he was a welcome part of ours. ....radio Leicester, DO THE RIGHT THING, FOR YOUN9Y'S SAKE AND FOR OURS AND RE-ENSTATE BACK .

Replies

#60 Re:

2014-07-12 19:10:56

#58: psychoticfox -

That is a superbly written piece.Reading that like reading his book is very moving.

You my friend have done alan proud.

Absolutely superb stuff from the heart.x