#bringbackyoun9y

Quoted post

2014-07-12 19:51

For all of you that remember, Leicester City had one of the best football managers in the 1970/80's, my personal favourites, his name was John "Jock" Wallace. I've taken the following extract from an obituary published in The Independent, 26th July 1996 just days after he sadly passed away "Wallace had a frightening growl but a soft centre. The abiding image of him is that of the clenched fist, signifying the character he built into his teams - character which emanated from the man himself." Alan Young was a member of Jocks team in the 80's and us people of Leicester supporters of the club need to demonstrate that same grit and determination and continue to bombard the radio station with phone calls, emails and tweets to disrupt their services and make sure that Alan is re-instated at the demand of you, I and every other man, woman and child of Leicester want. BBC Radio Leicester's funding is reliant on the people of our fair city listening to the programmes they broadcast, so lets hit them where it hurts, if not resolved by the time of the big kick off, vote Alan Young by switching off your radios and continue to do so until they listen to us - BBC Radio Leicester is a local radio station for local people so they need to start listening to our demand, I am actually ashamed to be associated to our city and football club if this is how we treat our sporting hero's and I am so glad that Jock Wallace isn't here to experience how Alan is being treated. God bless you Jock and stay strong for Alan Young! Up the Youn9y.

Replies

#62 Re:

2014-07-12 21:01:29

#61: - here here

En

#64 Re:

2014-07-12 22:11:03

#61: - I agree! I won't be listening either.