Concerned Students of McGill

Quoted post

Sean Nossek

#7 Re: Re: The Fallacy of Symmetry

2015-02-23 01:32

#4: Amisraelchai - Re: The Fallacy of Symmetry 

Is it I who is brainwashed, or the recipient of government administered hasbara? It is incredibly ignorant to share an anecdote in the face of an opposing reality. Perhaps you have interacted with Palestinians in Israel. Did you travel with them on the bus? Did you see them treated in your hospitals? Have you attended a Palestinian wedding in Israel? 

More likely they laboured on the side of the road as you drove by, or passed you in separate busses as under one of over 50 discriminatory Israeli laws those are now segregated. Even more likely than that, they laid dying in understaffed and damaged Gazan hospitals, banned from travel to the high-tech institutions across the wall by the Israeli security state.

It is undeniable that the forging of the modern state system was one of great bloodshed, but to posit the experience of Israel as part of the norm is an egregious lie. Most states were not formed through ethnic cleansing, and in the instances of colonization where they were this took place many decades before the Geneva Convention epoch of the Nakba. Even more, the commencement ceremonies of Israeli universities surely don't include references to the previous inhabitants of the land or expositions of their culture as they do at institutions like McGill where similar situations of colonization and cleansing occured.

I feel it is entirely unnecessary to respond to the claim that "Palestinians love Israel and love Jewish people. They hate their tyrant leaders!! Israel does not discriminate against anyone." Such a statement serves just to further expose your own deep delusions, and I would only ask that you considered the extended families of the 1,500 civilians killed this summer in Israel's lawn-mowing campaign in Gaza., and how much they love the Israeli Security Forces, or any resident of besieged Gaza for that matter.

Leave your demeaning insults of childishness to the ignorant spouters of white washed anecdotes like yourself.

Replies

Ryan

#9 Re: Re: Re: The Fallacy of Symmetry

2015-02-23 01:46:56

#7: Sean Nossek - Re: Re: The Fallacy of Symmetry 

what is incredibly ignorant is to suggest that Palestinians live in conditions that are remotely as "terrible" as you suggest. you mention 50 discriminatory laws, feel free to post them and the context under which they may have been written.  why are Gaza hospitals understaffed and damaged? and if they are banned from going to the hospital why is that the leader of Hamas's own family has been treated at Israeli hospitals?

actually Israel was not formed through bloodshed or ethnic cleansing, Israel is actually a case study in what happens when indigenous people retake their ancestral lands. in fact there are over 1.6 million arabs living inside Israel with full equal rights, how many jews in the PA and Gaza?

feel free to detail Palestinian cultural contructs, that might justify your opinion that Palestinians have absolutely anything in common with indians, Indians are indigenous to Canada, Jews are indigenous to judeah, and arabs are indigenous to arabia.

A. D.

#11 Re: Re: Re: The Fallacy of Symmetry

2015-02-23 02:00:23

#7: Sean Nossek - Re: Re: The Fallacy of Symmetry 

NOT on the bus? So THIS never happened?
JPost

Don't forget that the Palestinians continually fight for independence from their "Jewish captors", which is why the Palestinians Area A are managed and administered and policed and serviced by the Palestinians themselves. Or do you want to reverse this decision and take away the Palestinian independent rule?

They are NOT treated in hospitals? So this is all fake?
JPost

It is undeniable that I am Israeli, and I HAVE SEEN some of these occurrences' remains, and I HAVE SEEN BUSES EXPLODE BY SUICIDE BOMBERS RIGHT NEXT DOOR (literally at the corner of my street before they put up the barrier wall which now prevents these from repeating), I experienced Code Red alarms multiple times in Desert Storm, 2nd Lebanon War, 1st Gaza War, 2nd Gaza War, and now the 3rd Gaza War, and on a random rocket bombing in the middle of the night for no reason that also hit me and I KNOW what happens when we let Jewish people drive near Palestinian residences:
JPost
And from history the horrors that happen when they simply enter Palestinian areas in the 2000 Ramallah lynching (Google for it, there are MANY links).

You, sir, are extremely inconsiderate of the horrors that happen and the young Adele Bitton (4 years old, who now died from a rock that hit her, rest in peace :( ) and many many other people who were injured or killed by the Palestinian attacks, Sean Nossek.