Showing Students' Response towards UTP Curfew after 1am

Quoted post

2011-12-12 13:30

To the UTP Management

I'd like to stress out one point that is, although most of the students in UTP are PETRONAS and JPA scholars, our sponsors are still paying thousands of Ringgit to the university every semester. These money are loans that we, as their scholars, have to pay in terms of bond to the company.

With this said, I think UTP students have every right to determine the direction our university is heading. Creating one rule after another overnight is both insensible and disrespectful to us, who are paying so much to study and yet are never consulted when these decisions are made.

I strongly request that a proper survey, poll, or to the least, several meetings with the Student Representative to be carried out before ANY rule or law is implemented.

P/s: Hot pants or not hot pants, appropriate or inappropriate, it is insulting and downright immoral to be calling a fellow student a slut. Mind your language, this is really not how a university student should be acting.

Replies

#95 Re:

2011-12-12 15:43:47

#90: -

Agree with you on this.

We the students are the MAJORITY stakeholders in this university.

And to the dear friend who called others sluts... indeed we will want to tell you be more professional.

There are two reasons (which are more than enough) for everyone to NOT take you seriously. First, you said not to tell you to be more professional - this shows your lack of effort to speak nicely, so why should we listen to you? Second, if you want to talk about norms, okay perhaps we should re-consider about how to dress more appropriately. But being rude is not a well-accepted norm either.